HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiovascular Surgical Assistant in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of FWBMC.
Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies specific to the CVOR setting.
Communicates, interacts and participates as an active member of the CVOR team.
Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
Uses specialty training and experience to make clinical decisions on behalf of the CVOR patient.
Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
Uses critical thinking to prepare, maintain and control the perioperative environment in the CVOR.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Graduated from LPN training program or Surgical Technician experience in the CVOR setting preferred.
· BLS required at time of hire
· LPN Licensure in Florida required for LPN
· Surgical Technologist Certification preferred
*EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: *
· Previous scrubbing experience preferred
· Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of body substance isolation
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles
· Video equipment set up/troubleshooting skills
Title: Cardiovascular Surgical Assistant
Location: Florida-Fort Walton Beach-Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01307-6275