Americold Maintenance Technician in Fort Smith, Arkansas
AmeriCold Logistics, the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US, is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team at our Fort Smith, AR facility.
Under close supervision, performs routine general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Maintenance areas include electricity, plumbing, lift truck, refrigeration, ammonia, and carpentry.
- Performs basic repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
- Cleans, changes, and lubricates bearings, gears, and other machinery parts using rags, brushes, and grease gun.
- Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
- Maintain batteries and chargers in working order in accordance withy OSHA Standard.
- Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
- Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
- Follow attendance policy, show up show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Assist answering security alarm calls as needed.
- Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
- Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- 1 - 3 years maintenance mechanic experience.
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts if required, including on-call.
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes: perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others: and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Tools and Technology:
- Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades.
- ISO knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Microsoft knowledge preferred.
- Forklift certification.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and aptitude required.
- Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Candidates with RETA courses preferred. However, as a condition of employment, selected candidates will be required to complete (4) courses during the first 12 months.
- HAZMAT trained candidates are preferred. However, as a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
- Must have basic level knowledge of OSHA PSM program
Keyword: Warehouse Maintenance, Warehouse Mechanics