Army Installation Management Command Recreation Assistant (Physical Fitness) NF-02 in Fort Rucker, Alabama
About the Agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Physical Fitness Center. The Physical Fitness Center (PFC) is a 64,000 square foot facility offering a variety of cardiovascular equipment ranging from treadmills to Concept2 rowers; LifeFitness selectorized equipment; and a free weight and dumbbell area with a Hammer Strength circuit. Patrons are encouraged to stop by the customer service desk to sign out a variety of equipment.
Assist in planning, marketing and conducting an ongoing program to provide conditioning programs for facility users.
Instructing the proper conditioning and training for aerobic and muscular fitness, and flexibility.
Assist and work the Color Run, Fun Run, Demos, and Boot Camps.
For additional duties please follow link to PD AM548: https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hnG%2BGWJmZlIuYlatV
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
Demonstrated work experience that enables the candidate to independently carry out a basic physical fitness program, and a Fitness or Personal Trainer Certificate **(certifications must be uploaded at the time of application)
Best Qualified Criteria:** Possess six (6) months or more experience in sports/fitness instruction. Possess a group fitness and personal training certificate.
NOTE: Applicants who met both minimum qualifications and best qualifying criteria will be referred to the selecting official for consideration first. To be evaluated as a best qualified candidate, your resume MUST clearly reflect the knowledge and experience listed under the best qualified criteria above.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- This is a flexible position that there are no guaranteed hours. A flexible employee serves in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Must be available to work days, evenings and possible weekends.
- Attend Team Member Orientation within the first 30 days of employment.
- Will be required to work possible Community Recreation Events
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476866900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-21
Salary: $11.24 to $12 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Series: 0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Appointment type: Intermittent
Work schedule: Intermittent
Job announcement number: SCNAFEG1710037508
Control number: 476866900