U.S. Army Reserve Command Tools and Parts Attendant in Fort Polk, Louisiana
U.S. Army Reserve Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Polk, LA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 11/29/2016 (11 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 12/12/2016 (2 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This is a Military Technician position with the US Army Reserve. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician Program. this enables you to receive full Civil Service benefits and full Military Reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserve and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
About the Position:This position is with the 81st RSC, Equipment Concentration Site (ECS) 17, Fort Polk, LA
Description of the Working Environment:Work will be performed primarily in a maintenance shop setting.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
The duties of this position include:
- Maintain issue/turn-in records manually or electronically.
- Assist in efficient storage and arrangement of materials.
- Conduct periodic inventories.
- Inspect items for quality, damage, or overall performance.
- Perform minor maintenance of tools, parts and equipment.
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 5%.
- This position is subject to Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
- This position requires a medical examination prior to employment.
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES MEMBERSHIP IN THE U.S. ARMY RESERVE (USAR)
- This position requires a valid state Driver's License
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
In order to qualify, you must meet the screen-out element described below.
*Screen-Out Element: *Ability to do the work of a Tools and Parts Attendant without more than normal supervision. You must meet the screen out element to be considered further. To meet the screen out element, you should document experience or show the ability to do the following: operate a tools and parts room; determine, identify and select for issue items described by users in terms of their intended usage; recommend possible substitutes and interchangeable items; determine work sequences, methods, procedures, and techniques for setting up and shifting storage locations; and determine when tools and equipment should be routed to appropriate shops for test, repair or calibration.
Physical Effort: Work is performed on hard surfaces and in work areas that require standing, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Attendant frequently lifts and carries tools, parts, supplies, and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds. Handtrucks, dollies, and forklifts are available for use in handling heavier items.
*Working Conditions: *Works in storage area which is well lighted, fairly clean, and well heated but occasionally drafty and noisy. There is some possibility of minor cuts and bruises.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas):
- Ability to issue and receive materials
- Ability to maintain stock levels
- Ability to assess items for damage
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence or dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable prevailing rate.
- This is a Career Program Position (CP 13).
Salary Range: $20.04 to $23.37 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-6904-06/06
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: See the Who May Apply Section
Control Number: 457614400
Job Announcement Number: NCDE167080361859143D