Rasmussen College Dean of Nursing in Fort Myers, Florida
Dean of Nursing
Fort Myers, FL
Are you an innovative, positive, and progressive leader with excellent communication skills? If so, we are looking for you to cultivate and grow our Nursing program in FL!
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college and Public Benefit Corporation that is dedicated to changing lives through high-demand educational programs and public service. Rasmussen College offers certificate and diploma programs through associate’s and bachelor’s degrees online and across its 23 Midwest and Florida campuses in a supportive, student-centered and career-focused environment. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to being a primary contributor to the growth and development of the communities it serves. As a Public Benefit Corporation, Rasmussen College is committed to helping change lives through education and making a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit www.Rasmussen.edu.
The Dean of Nursing reports to a Regional Dean of Nursing. The Regional Dean of Nursing reports to the Vice President of the School of Nursing.
The Dean of Nursing promotes and supports the vision and mission of Rasmussen College by providing strategic vision and operational leadership to all aspects of the School of Nursing programs. The Dean of Nursing is accountable for developing an active teaching/learning community among students and faculty and will work collaboratively with the campus and School of Nursing leadership to assure high quality instruction in a safe and engaging learning environment.
- Recruit, supervise, develop, and direct a professional staff, including full-time and adjunct faculty, to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning in accordance with College and School of Nursing objectives.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, scheduling, personnel matters, curriculum, instruction, development, student arbitration, and other academic matters.
- Responsible for assuring the students are provided support services required to maintain the highest levels of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process.
- Act as a visible ambassador for the College, who actively promotes collaboration with an array of campus and community partners.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Rasmussen College’s mission, vision, and values in daily activities as well as supporting an environment of understanding, acceptance, and appreciation for diversity is the responsibility of each and every employee in our organization.
- Establish and maintain clinical sites; assesses clinical site satisfaction and addresses opportunities for improvement.
- Establish and maintain advisory boards composed of clinical partners and other community leaders.
- Encourage academic scholarship via papers, poster presentations, articles, etc.
- Assists in the development (courses are developed by faculty and reviewed and approved. Develops and maintains course materials, including course syllabi, text books, and examinations.
- Teaches courses, individual classes or seminars as qualifications permit.
- Advise and counsel students in the nursing program; facilitate communication and maintain satisfactory relationships between students and faculty members.
- Ensure the nursing program operations are conducted in compliance with applicable state, federal, and local laws, regulations and ordinances and within standards of accreditation.
- Doctoral degree a plus, Master’s degree in nursing, MSN/MAN from an accredited institution required.
- Active in-state RN License or ability to obtain licensure in state of operation.
- A minimum of 2 years previous full-time teaching experience in a nursing program within the last 5 years.
- 3-5 years Leadership/Management experience in an academic or clinical setting required, curriculum development and/or accreditation experience a plus.
- 2-5 years full time or equivalent direct care experience as a practicing nurse.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with others in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
- Ability to establish and maintain open lines of communication with faculty, students, and campus personnel to ensure effective decision making and interaction.
- Self-motivated, flexible, patient, goal-oriented, and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment. * *
Rasmussen is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Title: Dean of Nursing
City: Fort Myers