Trace Systems Sr. Windows Systems Administrator in Fort Meade, Maryland
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID 2016-1569
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - MD - Fort Meade
Posted Date 11/29/2016
Category Information Technology
Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded in 1999 to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad-- whenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
Job Title: Sr. Windows Systems Administrator
Job Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Security Clearance: Secret/SSBI or TS
Certification: Secret or 8570 IAT Level II *and * systems certification - Microsoft, VMWare, RedHat or other.
- Position will be part of the Systems Tier 3 support for DISA Coalition networks.
- This position will support general tier 2 and 3 support tasks (Email, SQL, Chat, SYSTRAN, Adobe Connect, VMWare, SolarWinds, McAfee Anti-virus, HBSS, WSUS, ACAS, & SharePoint).
- Support of the Multinational Information Sharing Program Management Office (MNIS PMO) at HQ DISA on Fort Meade.
- The MNIS PMO is the DoD's primary PMO for networks supporting the US and our coalition partners from other nations. The coalition networks are cryptographically separate networks using IP encryption (e.g. KG-250 or IPS-250).
- Our main roles are to solve Tier III problems, install hardware/software for new services and features, upgrade OS and application to latest approved releases and help design future networks/systems to support coalition operations.
Require a Windows 2008/2012 server system administrator with at least 5 years of experience.
In addition to the following Windows experience:
- Active Directory, not just AD Users and Computers. Sites and Services, Forests and Trusts, Replication.
- Logon scripts, either batch or .vbs
- Group Policy creation, management and linking
- DNS and DHCP
- IIS and web support
- SQL administration and troubleshooting
- Exchange admin and troubleshooting
- Experience configuring a SharePoint servers and creating user sites.
- Project and network migration support
Demonstrated experience leading teams
- Oversight of projects
- Interfacing with government leadership
- Deploying new solution
- Understanding DoD requirement
- A college degree is not required but is desired.
Certification Requirements - Must have a Security+ with Continuing Education certification BEFORE starting. The person must have an ITIL Foundations certification or get one within 90 days. The person must also have at least one other certification related to their job (e.g. Microsoft or VMWare certification). These certifications are required by our customer and are non-negotiable.
- Must have a current SECRET clearance. However, they must also have a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or the reinvestigation must be in progress. We cannot accept people who are in the process of getting the SSBI for the first time. Note that an SSBI is only done for people who required a Top Secret clearance at some point. People who have never had a Top Secret clearance will not have the correct background investigation.
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
For any additional questions or to submit any referrals, please contact email@example.com