HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CBO Payment Poster Rep in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for posting, reconciling, and balancing daily payments, deposits, adjustments, and refunds.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Posts all payments and adjustments daily.
- Contacts payer and initiates request for payment.
- Initiates refunds of identified overpayments.
- Performs appropriate follow-up with payer for payment.
- Enters refunds in the AdvantaX system in a timely manner.
- Prepares Check Registry for all refunds and submits to AP.
- Submits underpayments and overpayment information to appropriate Collector for follow-up.
- Performs weekly allocation of deposits.
- Maintains a credit balance of 1.0 days.
- Ensures accurate transfer of patient account balances to AdvantX system.
- Follows-up to ensure resolution for cash balance error and bank reconciliation.
- Researches and correct all transactions relating to unapplied cash and any other cashiering transactions needed.
- Posts and balances batches to tape totals.
- Ensures accurate processing of all transactions, as per BDP guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Organization – Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
- Communication – Communicates clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Analytical Skills – Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and act upon information.
- Customer Orientation – Establishes long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of the Center’s team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Policies & Procedures – Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- PC Skills – Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX – Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST, and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
Technical Skills –Ability to operate 10-key, knowledge of invoicing, orders, and general accounting principles.
Minimum 2 years posting experience.
Analytical skills to research and resolve reimbursement discrepancies based on our contracts. *CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: *
Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.
Title: CBO Payment Poster Rep
Location: Florida-Fort Lauderdale-ASD – East Florida CBO
Requisition ID: 26596-3362