Cigna Registered Nurse Health Coach - Bilingual English/Spanish or Haitian Creole - preferred - Onsite Health - Orlando FL in Florida, Florida
The RN Onsite Health Coach will work closely with Client's Health/Wellness/HR team(s), Client's other healthcare partners, other Cigna team members and Client's Wellness Committee (key stakeholders) in meeting the organization's health management goals.
• Work closely with Client and their partners in evaluating present health management program and assist in formulating plan for future wellness programming.
• Work closely with Client, their vendors and Cigna operations teams.
• Provide onsite face-to-face employee coaching, support and education.
• Assist in the identification of members' health advocacy needs.
• Utilize motivational interviewing and engagement strategies to support overall health and wellness of employees.
• Educate and refer members to available health resources when appropriate.
• Provide onsite support to members in order to help them identify a need for behavior change to improve health status, reduce health risks and improve quality of life.
• Educate members about the availability of decision support tools where multiple treatment options are available.
• Follow up with employees to ensure that wellness program engagement has been achieved and assess future educational and/or program referral needs.
• Document interactions and interventions as directed using Cigna health technology tools.
• Consult with other onsite health and wellness resources to ensure employee's comprehensive health needs are being addressed.
• Provide health and wellness education utilizing a multitude of media including group presentations, support group facilitation, creative use of modalities (i.e. games, quizzes, etc.), newsletter contributions, etc.
• Support the design and implementation of site Health Fairs.
• Will conduct blood pressure and pulse checks as needed.
• Active and unrestricted RN license in respective state.
• Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in health and wellness field.
• Bachelor's / Master’s degree in health education, health promotion, or related field preferred.
• CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) successful exam completion desired.
• Experience with direct member communication (written and verbal).
• Experience in health education and wellness coaching preferred.
• Experience conducting educational and support groups preferred.
• Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors.
• Demonstrated experience and ability in providing superior Client service to organizations and individuals.
• Working knowledge of wellness programming and individual engagement strategies.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of behavior change theories and their application.
• Proven administrative abilities with strong computer and software application skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities.
• A high energy level and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Passion for health improvement.
• Self-directness and the ability succeed in an independent role.
• Must have experience in conducting blood pressure/pulse checks or the ability to learn
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Haitian Creole is strongly preferred.
This role is based in Orlando FL and relocation is not offered.
US Candidates Only : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: Florida-Florida
Job: Med Mgt--Case Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: May 19, 2017, 4:11:29 PM