Shire Service Development Manager-Eastern England in Field Based, United Kingdom
Posting Title Service Development Manager-Eastern England
Job ID 15476BR
Function International Commercial
Employee Type Regular
Search Location(s) United Kingdom - Field Based
Job Category Corporate/Government Accounts and Managed Care
Job Description Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
The Service Development Manager evaluates, analyzes, creates, and shapes ADHD service development projects that support the Shire ADHD portfolio’s access and uptake in the marketplace. The SDM will:
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the evolving local and regional ADHD service development environment translating that into impactful and innovative service development projects to support the NHS, patient outcomes and the Shire portfolio by improving ADHD services and delivering service and pathway redesign.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers in the local health economy who can drive system change and deliver enhanced ADHD services
• Anticipate trends, translating changes in the health economy into novel, effective solutions for service development and patient access with the courage to challenge the status quo and explore innovative solutions.
• Exemplify true cross functional working across Shire to add value to the business working alongside field-based as well as head office commercial and medical to develop services and ensure access for patients.
• Build KOL support for the Shire ADHD toolkit / service development strategy and the mobilisation of advocates for peer to peer resource.
• Build strategic partnerships with a number of key ADHD service providers and payors on a local and regional basis, through partnership and joint working initiatives that deliver improved service provision and patient outcomes which support the Shire ADHD portfolio.
• Manage account(s) and catchment area(s) through deployment/prioritization of own capacity and resources, and deliver agreed targets and other performance metrics in executing all account action plans in collaboration with the field-based cross-functional team.
• Develop strategic, efficient and cost effective service development plans that are aligned to the marketing brand plan and national ADHD adult strategy.
• Delivery of the ADHD Service Development Strategy via a mix of Partnership Working & Joint Working.
Develop and collaborate in national projects that benefit the wider team and add value to the business unit, as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A proven track record of results driven project management and implementation.
• Demonstrated strategic and visionary capabilities – able to anticipate trends, translating changes in the health economy into novel, effective solutions for service development and patient access with the courage to challenge the status quo and explore innovative solutions.
• Experience in identifying and prioritising business opportunities through:
o Excellence in key account management
o Best in class business planning
o In-call challenging and influencing skills
o Efficient management of territory budget with demonstrable evidence in gaining maximum return on investment
• Proven project management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and effectively prioritise.
• Able to demonstrate leadership capabilities and project management within a local / regional and/or national setting in a service development role.
• Experience of developing and leading innovative projects which have led to clear business outcomes.
• Previous experience of partnering with local (UK) healthcare environment in order to implement local / regional / national initiatives in support of products and disease areas.
• Experience of working in the commissioning ecosystem and environment.
• University degree in Medicine/Biology/Chemistry/ Pharmacy or other Life sciences.
• Recognised project management qualification.
KEY SKILLS, ABILITIES and COMPETENCIES
• Business oriented, entrepreneurial mindset
• Natural team player able to work in a cross-functional environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create strong relationships
• Flexibility and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with positive attitude and ability to prioritise projects
• Gravitas and ability to influence and persuade both internal and external stakeholders
• Strong enthusiasm, with a drive to succeed
• Tenacious, self-motivated and pro-active, someone who is always seen to take the initiative
• Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver results
• Proven capability to influence and drive change agenda without formal authority
• Business acumen and budgeting skills
• Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentation skills.
• Ability to represent and portray the Shire image with varied audiences