Siemens Sr Consultant - Power Markets in Fairfax, Virginia
Sr Consultant - Power Markets
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 202059
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
We are seeking a senior consultant with economic power market analysis project management experience to support growth objectives in the consulting space associated with the US power markets. Candidates should have experience in power market analysis, commercial energy market transactions, energy asset project valuations, and power market rules and regulations, including areas such as capacity market development, Clean Power Plan, and FERC Order 1000.
The position will focus on managing and leading the fulfillment of consulting projects associated with fundamental economic assessments in the power market space. The Candidate will be expected to help develop fundamental economic modeling capabilities and service offerings in the power sector, collaborating with sales staff and our power markets fulfillment team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The ideal Candidate should have the following attributes:
• Minimum BA/BS in economics or related field; advanced degree preferred.
• 4-10 years of relevant power market analysis experience in consulting or industry
• Prior experience in the US power markets, such as PJM, ERCOT, and MISO
• Knowledge of and experience analyzing power market rules and regulations, including areas such as capacity market development, Clean Power Plan, and FERC Order 1000
• Ability to lead project engagements for economic and market analysis
• Prior project management experience related to economic analysis and an ability to lead a team in the development of high-quality, client ready deliverables.
• Strong client interaction skills.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to develop and oversee the development of power market dispatch models.
• Ability to provide technical oversight for a wide range of economic and statistical analyses in the energy field.
• Strong consulting skills, including solid written, oral, analytical, and presentation skills required.
• 20% Travel expected, dependent on client requirements
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Preferred candidates will have expertise in power market analysis and an understanding of the analytical tools used in the industry. Experience, knowledge, and interest in the following areas is desired:
-Fundamental energy market analysis
-Power market dispatch tools and analysis approaches
-Demand side management/energy efficiency
-Electric utility resource planning approaches
-Experience with Aurora, ProMod or similar software modeling programs
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .