Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Vendor Manager in Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reporting to the CTO, the KPSS Vendor Manager is responsible for developing, tracking, and reporting business across Kratos Public Safety & Security Solutions, Inc. by leveraging the companys relationships with a select and focused group of strategic suppliers and OEMs. The Vendor Manager will work with strategic partners to create programs that increase business withinKratos PSS as well as work to maintain and grow solid business partnerships between the vendors and the KPSS regions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop comprehensive and aligned business development plans with strategic partners and distributors that serve to align KPSS and partner revenue and use targets.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with business partners and affiliates to establish KPSS as a top tier preferred integration partner with our strategic partners
- Implement business development plan(s) and have regular reviews on relationships, productivity, and results with strategic partners and distributors.
- Implement business development plan(s) and lead regular reviews on relationships, productivity, and results with members of KPSS management team.
- When requested, work with the field sales force and regional sales leadership on vendor and product selection to aid with customer acquisition and retention.
- Work as intermediary between strategic partners and distributors to distribute leads and opportunities to the appropriate parties on a timely basis. When possible, this would include funding, end-user needs, and end-user requests from the partners.
- Work with KPSS regions to understand and deliver on internal business requirements including marketing support for strategic partners.
- Work with KPSS Marketing to develop and manage the evolution of marketing materials that leverage the technology, products, and marketing efforts of strategic partners.
- Help marketing produce effective marketing campaigns for strategic account and distributors products and events.
- Analyze use and purchasing volume of suppliers and work to negotiate favorable pricing, deal registration, and long-term contracts.
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Skills:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must adhere to the Kratos Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Must possess industry awareness.
- Must have competitive knowledge of territory competitors, their markets, products, and pricing strategies.
- Ability to communicate on a professionally with peers and all levels of management as well as the general public.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with Outlook and the Internet.
- High-level of integrity and trustworthiness. Must be driven and resourceful.
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Excellent understanding of public safety and security marketplace and competitive landscape.
- Detailed understanding of public safety and security enabling technologies and their application in the market.
- Solid understanding and experience working with cross-functional engineering teams building and fielding solutions to complex public safety and security challenges.
- Detailed understanding of the U.S. Government procurement/acquisition and commercial Fortune 500 procurement processes and regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree or MBA preferred but not required.
- Ten or more years of directly applicable industry experience.
Kratos PSS, a Division of Kratos Defense Systems, is not able to provide U.S. sponsorship at this time.
The employees normal work location is an office environment. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor. Extensive (up to 50%) travel to and work and meetings at Kratos PPS, supplier and customer locations will be required.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-232670
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 21, 2016
Job Level: Management
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 10 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: October 31, 2016