Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Field Service Supervisor in Fair Lawn, New Jersey
The Field Supervisor is responsible for providing the necessary planning, training, direction, and controls to ensure timely and accurate service call completion by technicians. This will be accomplished through appropriate controls and supervision of the work in the Service Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to manage people, as well as, organizational, and planning capabilities.
- A competent initiator and administrator of policies and procedures.
- Have the willingness and skills to monitor, control and be able to deal with the stresses of managing the Field Staff.
- Lead and motivate, bringing integrity, initiative, fairness, and concern for all persons.
- Have technical application knowledge of the Life Safety System products that are sold and serviced by the Corporation.
- Must be able to clearly identify the relationship of customer needs with respect to process capability.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships based on dependability and honesty. Ensure that long term customer relationships are created by providing value added services.
- Maintain relationships with customers by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities for service improvements.
- Adapt quickly to a variety of personalities and situations.
- Establish priorities and take appropriate action.
- Review schedules and customer requirements. Coordinate with the Service Dispatch Team and technicians to begin/complete service for the customer timely.
- Understand the capabilities of the technician talent pool.
- Identify product and service problems by researching the situation; identifying alternate means of filling customer needs; recommending solutions.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the customer and technical personnel.
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary from the Director of Service for performance of duties.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, seminars, conferences, etc., as assigned by the Director of Service.
- Accomplish the duties and responsibilities, while achieving the goals and objectives, which have been established for the Service Staff Department.
- Keep the Director of Service Operations aware of the status of the Technical Staffs performance and needs on a regular basis.
- Identifying customer concerns, complaints, and issues. Recommend appropriate solutions to the attention of the Director of Service Operations for final resolution. Implement as required.
- Facilitate the continued growth and success of the Company by assuring that all employees in Service Staff meet or exceed established guidelines for standards of performance and quality.
- Assist the Director of Service in performance evaluations for each member of the Technical Staff at least annually.
- Ensure that effective working relationships are established and maintained within the company, and with the customer. Provide the necessary checks and balances that will identify any discrepancies in the operation and performance of assigned duties.
- Coordinate and oversee the scheduling activities of the Field Service Department in a manner that makes the most cost-effective use of their time and talents. Work with Service Dispatch to schedule changes in schedules, as needed. Ensure on time installation and proper sequencing of customer orders.
- Continually solve challenges in Technical Staff as they arise. Function as a "troubleshooter" for all key individuals. Resolve all potential problem areas before they can have a negative effect on the Company.
- Serve as a role model for all Technical Staff personnel through enthusiasm, commitment, and the willingness to do whatever it takes to make things work.
- Ensure the quality of all products, systems, installations, and other work performed by the Field Service Department.
- Ensure effective scheduling of the Field Service staff to maximize efficiency while providing on time, quality service to the customer. Prioritize all needs and minimize the labor hours used to complete tasks. Select qualified personnel and proper equipment for each job. Provide direction to Technical Staff to effect the successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Provide and maintain all necessary equipment, materials, and resources to enable the Field Service Department to function effectively and efficiently.
- Provide technical assistance to the customer, operations staff, and other employees, as required.
- Delegate responsibilities and accountability to appropriate personnel in a manner to ensure that there is adequate understanding and control, which is maintained by the Service Administration Supervisor.
- Work with Service Department Dispatch Team to ensure that all work orders, warranty work, PMs and Service Acknowledgements are properly scheduled, managed and completed.
- Recommend and implement training programs for all Technical Staff employees in the proper and safe performance of their jobs, in Company policies, procedures and employee work rules, and any specific product or industry related training that is necessary to remain competitive in the Companys markets.
- Monitor on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, as required, the activities of all personnel reporting to this position to evaluate the productivity of the employees to ensure that non-productive time is minimized or eliminated.
- Check "work-in-progress" to ensure that waste and rework is held to a minimum. This should also consider safety and productivity. Quality assurance through spot-checking of work, ability of employees, and equipment to function properly.
- Ensure participation and attendance, with applicable documentation of results in regard to the appropriate meeting agenda in divisional service meetings conducted by the Director of Service. Play an active role in the meetings.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Service Operations.
- Other duties may be assigned
Experience and Skills:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Adheres to the Kratos Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Must comply with Kratos HR practices regarding performance management of direct reports
- Good judgment and decision-making skills are a requirement for this position
- Requires the ability to understand quality work and secure a reasonable profit on all service related work
- Well versed in life safety systems such as, CCTV, Access Control, Turn Styles, Badging and Wireless Systems
- Ability to work independently and with high motivation to get the job completed to customers' expectations
- Team leadership skills
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
- Valid Drivers License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Preferred: Associates Degree in Electronics Technology and/or college level courses in Operations Management
- Five years of experience in a field service environment within the physical security industry preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Kratos PSS, a Division of Kratos Defense Systems, is not able to provide U.S. sponsorship at this time.
The employee will likely be placed in an office, but occasionally working in the field assisting the technicians. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-231707
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 20, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: Associate
Starting Date: October 31, 2016