HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Tech Certified (CNA) - Float Pool - Part Time Nights in Englewood, Colorado
The Patient Care Tech/Certified Nurse Assistant in the Float Pool will work under the supervision of a nurse and perform various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Baths, dressing/undressing patients, assisting with personal hygiene.
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions, and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights, and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: * Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: * Certification as a Nurse Assistant in Colorado - required * American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider - required
EXPERIENCE : * 1-2 years of patient care experience in acute care or clinical preferred * Working knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
Title: Patient Care Tech Certified (CNA) - Float Pool - Part Time Nights
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-56585