HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Asst in Englewood, Colorado
Laboratory Assistant / Phlebotomist - FT evenings
Join an award winning team!
Swedish Medical Center is an acute care hospital (368 beds) boasting a Level I Trauma Center located in Englewood, Colorado. Swedish is part of HealthONE and serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for neurotrauma. As the region’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, we are a recognized leader in the most advanced stroke care. Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty. We are an eight time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award and a TOP 100 Hospital recognized by Reuters. Swedish offers eight distinct centers of excellence: Bariatric Surgery Center, Cancer Care Center, Emergency Services, The Heart Center, Neurosciences, Orthopedic Services, Spine Program, Trauma Center, Women and Children’s Services.
Swedish Medical Center is located in in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 100 years. The staff at Swedish Medical Center care for over 200,000 patients annually with a team of 2000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1300 physicians. Our staff is at the heart of delivering on our promise of Swedish Memorable Care.
Responsibilites of the Lab Asst / Phlebotomist include:
* Performs all technical procedures, maintains knowledge of all procedures and protocols pertinent to the department.
* Maintains proficiency in performance of technical procedures, including venipuncture, capillary puncture and bleeding times on patients of all ages.
* Collects and processes specimens on patients of all ages as required. Performs test requests and charts results on patients with many different clinical conditions (from screening of healthy outpatients up to and including the major, complex intensive care patients) and all age ranges from newborns to geriatric patients. * Assists in the clerical duties of the department.
* Performs required function verification of equipment. Communicates with other allied health care professionals and patients according to job requirements.
* High school diploma or better
* Phlebotomy certification preferred
* Healthcare experience as a Phlebotomist, 1 – 2 years preferred and/or completion of formal phlebotomy class preferred.
* Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate in a clear and concise manner with coworkers, physicians, nursing staff and patients.
* Must demonstrate above average manual dexterity.
* Must have the ability to type proficiently (at least 30 words per minute) on the computer. Are you confident with your level of phlebotomy skills and enjoy helping others? Apply now!
Title: Laboratory Asst
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-58233