HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Histotechnologist in Englewood, Colorado
Histotechnologist -Full time, Days
The Lab atSwedish Medical Centeris a tight-knit, team-oriented group of dedicated professionals with a passion for helping others. This is your opportunity to work in a progressive healthcare environment with a dedicated team to provide essential laboratory services.
* Opportunity to grow and advance
* Positive team environment
* Competitive compensation plan
* Growing trauma program
The Histotech performs a variety of Technical Procedures in Histology.
* Must be able to perform department clerical duties with accuracy and efficiency.
* Responsible for the production of routine and special Histology Tests, Stains and slides.
* Responsible for producing high quality microscopic slides.
* Responsible for following all quality and regulatory standards in performing tasks.
* Responsible for maintaining effective communication between coworkers and management.
* Actively participates in staff meeting as scheduled.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
* Exercises good judgment in conflict resolution.
* Responsible for maintaining the necessary levels of confidentiality.
* Other duties as assigned.
* ASCP certification or eligible preferred.
* AS or BS degree in related sciences preferred.
* High School diploma plus 2 year internship or on the job training sufficient to ensure the ability to perform all tasks required.
* Minimum of 2 years experience that demonstrates the knowledge and expertise necessary.
* Working knowledge of all Histology procedures-Embedding, Microtomy, Tissue Processing, Fixation, Decalcification, Routine and Special Staining, and Immunohistochemistry.
* Familiar with all equipment in the Histology Laboratiory. Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments or refers to appropriate sources for repairs.
* Good communication skills. *Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: * * Able to embed 75 blocks an hour.
* Able to cut 50 slides an hour.
* Able to perform H&E stain with consistent results.
* Able to perform all special stains and IHC procedures without unnecessary repeats.
* Able to cut and stain frozen section in 5 minutes.
* Able to perform all cytology slide preparation work. Able to order pathology specimens accurately and efficiently.
* Able to provide quick, accurate customer service.
* Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
* Able to adjust to changing workload.
You will hear from us ONLY if you meet and/or exceed all of the above qualifications. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual!
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-58967