Amazon.com Regional Quality Manager in Elizabeth, New Jersey
This role will be based in the North East. Candidates can be based out of Boston MA, Long Island NY, Northern NJ or Philadelphia.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. Amazon is seeking Quality Leaders to work within the Worldwide Transportation group.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to build a quality organization, drive process improvements, and maintain impeccable quality levels in the face of explosive growth.
• Drive creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives to enable the region to meet and exceed business plans.
Serve as quality representative on regional leadership team.
• Measure the quality and delivery accuracy while providing feedback to the operations.
• Review and analysis of customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects.
• Develop and execute daily, weekly & monthly action plans that improve quality and service.
• Establish and maintain defect free handling procedures for all sites in the region.
• Plan for and identify root causes of sort and delivery deviation through cause and effect analysis.
• Teach and educate managers and associates on the importance of quality execution.
• Gain consensus to push change forward while keeping variation between sites to a minimum.
• Will travel to sites to observe, investigate and create quality initiatives.
A completed Bachelor’s Degree
Must be willing to travel as necessary, up to 50%
5+ years Operations Management experience in manufacturing, production or distribution environment
Experience with Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques required
Experience performing root cause analysis and driving quality improvements in an operations environment.
Six Sigma Black Belt
An independent problem solver who can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills to work across functions and upwards.
Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills and attention to details are critical to success in this position
Creative in finding new solutions / designing innovative methods, systems and processes
Strong project management and organizational skills, experience working on complex initiatives with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran
AMZR Req ID: 466141