DaVita Unified Communications Architect in El Segundo, California
Job Description Summary
The UC Architect is responsible for long-range planning and system life-cycle management, including: operational support, system upgrade, and deployment of the Cisco Unified Communication Systems (CUCS) - Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Voice gateway, Cisco Unity Connection and Unified Messaging System. This position involves considerable project planning, coordination and execution across multiple IT teams. The ideal candidate will be self-reliant in technical projects and assignments, requires minimal guidance from management, and has the ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions and meet deadlines and milestones for assigned projects and work assignments.
Configures, manages, upgrades and supports the Cisco IP telephony systems and services (VoIP infrastructure).
Implements and manages high-performing, highly-available systems and solutions to meet firm business goals and objectives
Participates on, and often leads, team assignments for voice system installations, upgrades, and service expansions across the firm
Deploy global dial plans and manage number allocations.
Solves complex IP telephony routing, VOIP configuration and quality of service (QOS) issues related to the IP voice infrastructure
Ensures that all team members are cross-trained on all critical support functions and tasks, and serves as the subject-matter expert for the firm’s IP telephony solutions and systems worldwide
Takes a proactive approach to resolving IP telephony hardware and software problems quickly and efficiently with minimal impact to end-users
Coordinates and manages to resolution all telephony-related installation, maintenance and repair issue collaborating with Telco carriers, Cisco TAC and other maintenance and support service providers
Be responsible for researching and learning about new versions, features, hardware, and technology advancements that will enhance the VoIP deployment.
Follows proper change control processes when making changes to any telephony infrastructure systems and services
Support external voice and video infrastructure.
- Serve as Lead Technical Analyst on complex or difficult projects
- Maintain expert competency in the area of voice network infrastructure and system design
- Serve as 2nd and 3rd level help desk support during normal and after hours for problems related to the IP telephony/VOIP system
- Performs voice capacity planning, monitoring, and tuning of the on a continuous service improvement basis to optimize the performance and responsiveness of the enterprise voice infrastructure
- Recommends, installs, configures and utilizes a wide variety of IP telephony management and support tools that contribute to the proactive management of the voice network
- Support a call center deployment that has multiple locations worldwide as well as telecommuter agents.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation on Auto Attendants, ACD’s, call flows, toll free numbers, agent ID’s, and extensions.
- Successfully sets priorities, performs tasks in an orderly fashion, and meets project goals and deliverables
- Maintains personal appearance and conduct appropriate for a professional services work environment at all times
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communications skills and communicates effectively
- Adjusts to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
- Maintains and updates technical knowledge and skills through professional affiliations, career development programs and professional reading
IP Telephony and Voice Services Support
- Fulfills on-call duties for IT emergencies outside of business hours
- Maintains awareness of all IT problem situations and informs IT management when necessary
- Evaluates and recommends new hardware and software solutions performance enhancements that will increase or improve the capabilities of the network in order to provide new levels of service to clients and end users in the office and also provides a competitive edge for the Firm
- Provides highest level of internal technical support and assistance to other firm-wide Information Technology Services personnel as part of the Firm problem escalation procedures
- Develops and keeps network and other network-related documentation current, accurate and available for use by other Information Technology Services personnel
- Develops process and procedure documentation to share with teammates
- Provides updates to assigned supervisor and other ITS management on status of currently assigned and scheduled projects and tasks
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated performance in a technical work environment is PREFERRED
- A current advanced certification; CCIE Collaboration strongly preferred; Cisco Certified Network Professional - Voice (CCNP - Voice) or Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP) certification desired
- A minimum of six years of hands-on experience architecting, designing and implementing advanced Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration solutions
- Previous HealthCare experience recommended
- Specific knowledge of large-scale Cisco Communication Manager (CUCM v11), messaging, presence and conferencing solution Architecture, Design and Installation
- Demonstrated expert level experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), CUCM IM & Presence Manager, Cisco Unity Messaging
- Expert level experience configuring and supporting Cisco Voice Gateway routers and appliances: VG224 and 248, ISR Analog Gateways, Cisco ISR and ASR routers, SRST, etc. Must have strong knowledge of gateway control protocols such as MGCP, SCCP, and SIP
- Expert level experience configuring and supporting Cisco Unity and Unity Connection 11.x + messaging platforms and supporting client applications such as Jabber
- Expert level knowledge of routing protocols for voice such as IPSEC, DSCP/QOS, SIP, with strong proficiency with BGP, MPLS, and OSPF. Advanced knowledge and experience of SIP protocol is required
- Strong understanding of Vmware vCenter ESXi and Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS) data center virtualization implementations is preferred
- Ability to maintain an optimistic, flexible attitude in a very fast-paced environment
- Proven follow-up, follow-through, and excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate both technical and abstract concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Highly motivated and results-driven
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.