Dell Sr Basis Manager in El Sagundo, California
This SAP Basis Manager will manage and provide hands on Basis technical leadership in support of current and future SAP related client projects and will collaborate and coordinate closely with the both client and internal infrastructure teams to deliver a stable, highly available business systems. Specific duties include developing and implementing measures to ensure high availability for SAP and related systems; fully documenting and standardizing operational procedures with appropriate controls to ensure operational stability; and facilitate infrastructure activities in support of ongoing SAP release and deployment projects.
This is accomplished through extensive knowledge of SAP Basis technology, an open yet results-oriented program and project management approach, and the ability to effectively work with geographically dispersed virtual teams and IT leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, directs, and manages a team of 5 - 10 employees and contractors in support of the overall Basis activities.
• Accountable for the performance of subordinates or the work output of managed subcontractors. Assigns personnel to various operations and schedules their activities; reviews and evaluates their work and prepares performance reports. Maintains positive working environment with a strong customer focus.
• Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Develops project implementation schedules and resources. Prepares integration plans. Prepares activity and progress reports for server utilization.
• Responsible for implementing programs and policies to achieve specific technical delivery goals. Sets goals, ensures that they are met and is responsible for continuous process improvement. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility.
• Communicates with other information technology sections to coordinate support and project activity.
• Assists in managing the budget and billing.
• Works with other members of the SAP team to determine requirements necessary to meet project goals.
• Works collaboratively with various members of the team and other Infrastructure resources in support of the client. This includes:
• Coordinating other resources.
• Designing or participating in the design of key areas such as high availability, disaster recovery and systems management.
• Conducts special analyses and projects as required. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence. Identifies and resolve business issues; escalate issues when appropriate.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
· Virtustream has government cloud and client involvement therefore it is required to be eligible for and otherwise willing to go through Federal background check in order to achieve and maintain security clearance of at least public trust level. All those eligible to work for any employer in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
· Extensive SAP HANA Troubleshooting and Maintenance experience is required
· SQL Server 2005-2008
· Windows 2003-2008
· Strong Basis XI/PI experience
· DB2 (bonus) nice but not required
· Familiarity with SAP on VMware.
· Four-year degree with a Business Administration or MIS focus (or equivalent)
· 8+ years IT experience including 4+ years managing Basis, IT Infrastructure, IT Network, or IT Operations:
· Proven program and project management, ITIL, and continuous improvement implementations.
· Experience establishing policies, product and operating standards.
· Experience establishing SLAs, negotiating and managing both in-sourced and out-sourced IT services. Successful IT support of diverse global sites and end-users.
· Demonstrated architecture and design expertise with enterprise server and storage networking projects in support of SAP in large-scale environments.
· Experience working as part of a team to provide the optimal solution for both business needs and project standards.
· Experience estimating effort and resources required for projects and working with project managers to structure projects.
· Demonstrated excellent customer service skills; ability to build strong formal and informal relationships.
· Capable of collaborating and leading across distributed organizations.
· Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to transition smoothly between technical and business vernacular, tailoring communications to the audience.
· Able to work in ambiguous situations/environments; demonstrated ability to break down problems into constituent parts and develop and drive plans for resolution.
Administrative Services & Operations
500 - VIRTUSTREAM
US - Washington - District of Columbia, CA - Burbank, CA - El Sagundo, CA - Irvine, CA - Pasadena, CA - Sunnyvale, CT - Fairfield, NJ - East Brunswick, NJ - Princeton, NJ - South Plainfield, NJ - Warren, NY - Melville, NY - New York, NY - Manhattan, NY - White Plains, WA - Bellevue, WA - Seattle