York Risk Services Claims Assistant - Temporary in El Dorado Hills, California
Assists claims examiners by providing clerical support. Responsible for setting up new claims and creating files, responsible for payment of all indemnity payments, processing and payment of all bills, performing all clerical tasks and supporting the supervisor to ensure team is meeting performance standards and procedures.
- Setting up new claims within 1 day, preparing required letters and data integrity in claims system
- Payment of all indemnity payments and responsibility for ongoing payment as needed, along with creating required DWC notices.
- Completing all clerical tasks assigned, such as file and serve documents to attorneys, doctors, employees and employers, bill objection letters, litigation referrals, scheduling doctor appointments, requesting records, etc.
- Processing payment of in house bills timely
- Fosters a teamwork attitude in the department to include maintaining good relationships with examiners and supervisor, initiative to learn workers comp and offering assistants when daily work has been completed. Required Skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks according to strict timelines.
- Must be able to work alongside claims examiner as a partner as clerical support.
- Computer experience – Typing at least 45 - 60 wpm, moderate understanding of Word and e-mail programs.
- Moderate customer services skills for phone, email and letter production. Required Experience
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- 1 year
Tracking Code: TELDORADOHILLS02211701
Job Location: El Dorado Hills, California, United States
Position Type: Temporary