Veritiv DRIVER, TRACTOR TRAILER in Edmonton, Alberta
DRIVER, TRACTOR TRAILER
Share this Job:
Veritiv - Edmonton AB
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 8-10 month opportunity.
The tractor trailer driver is responsible for delivering product to our customers in a safe and professional manner, on time and accurately.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving delivery equipment within Edmonton and surrounding areas
- Loading and unloading stock in a secure manner for safe, damage-free transportation
- Verifying all orders at time of delivery and delivering orders to meet customer specifications
- Ensuring equipment and truck are in good working condition through adherence to delivery maintenance procedures
- Familiarity with the completion of delivery registers and paperwork to ensure stock is accounted for
- Must be flexible regarding work hours
- Able to work extended hours, which may be required from time to time
- Current TDG/WHMIS knowledge would be considered an asset
- Ability to use power loading equipment
- Familiar with ISO Policies and Procedures would be considered an asset
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member
- Good communication skills required (able to read, write and speak English)
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable and reliable
- Good decision making skills and ability to work independently
- Able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- High school graduate and/or related experience.
- Class 1 License with two years of tractor-trailer driving experience.
- Clean drivers abstract.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv’s legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf