Indian Health Service Supervisory Pharmacist in Eagle Butte, South Dakota
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Eagle Butte, SD
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 7/22/2016 (92 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (70 day(s) away)
About the Agency
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-16-GP-1759213- ESEP/MP for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position is located within the Pharmacy Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Services (IHS), Northern Plains Region, Great Plains Area, Eagle Butte, South Dakota. The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the pharmacy program for the hospital and clinic. This position reports directly to the Clinical Service Administrator.
- Responsible for the total operation of the pharmacy department.
- Provide pharmaceutical services in the outpatient, inpatient, satellite clinic, and emergency department settings.
- Provide medical information support to health care employees.
- Optimize medication delivery systems.
- Assure appropriateness of drug therapy in the provision of direct patient care.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- A current, valid, unrestricted professional license must be maintained.
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Education: Four-year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
Licensure: Except for research positions that do not entail patient care, all applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia. Applicants who meet the basic requirements qualify for GS-7.
For GS-13 and above: One year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below-
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks:
Additional Requirements for Grades GS-9 and Above For GS-13 and above: One year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.
Specialized Experience GS-13: Experience providing overall direction and leadership to pharmacy department staff. Experience establishing, implementing and following through with long and short term goals of a pharmacy department. Experience evaluating overall performance of staff and the department as a whole and insuring accreditation standards are adhered to and met.
Medical Requirements: Applicants must be able to distinguish basic colors.
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
A one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period may be required upon selection/placement. (Supervisory positions only)
Recruitment or Relocation incentive may be authorized.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
- Government Housing IS available.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $115,700.00 to $137,858.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-13/13
Promotion Potential: 13
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: United States Citizens; PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply to the merit promotion announcement in order to receive consideration.
Control Number: 445504900
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-GP-1759348-DE