Lifetime Care Speech Therapist Yates Schuyler FT or PT $Retention Bonus Up to $15k* in Dundee, United States
This position is eligible for up to a $15k Retention Bonus!
Provides physician ordered speech/language therapy services, which include assessment, planning, developing and implementing an individualized patient therapy plan. Coordinates speech/language therapy with the interdisciplinary team care plan. Essential Responsibilities/Accountabilities: 1. Provide physician ordered speech therapy services. 2. Assures orders are renewed, per schedule, or as patient’s response to current orders change. 3. Is responsible for completing, in a timely manner, all documentation including initial assessment, visit notes, renewal orders, verbal orders, and discharge summaries. 4. Identify patient short/long term goals in terms of functional outcomes. Reflect progress or lack of goal achievement in all charting. Confer with physician and/or disciplinary team regarding patient response to therapy. 5. Provide restorative therapy for patients with communication and/or swallowing disorders; including, but not limited to dysarthria, voice problems/disorders, laryngectomy, aphasia and dysphasia. 6. Develop alternative communication devices as appropriate. 7. Provide instruction in compensatory techniques regarding swallowing disorders as appropriate. 8. Ability to teach family and caregivers treatment modalities as well as clearly communicate interdisciplinary team’s philosophy, goals, and outcomes. 9. Attend scheduled interdisciplinary staff meetings and actively participate in treatment planning. 10. Participate in committees and program development, as indicated. 11. Maintain current knowledge by attending related conferences and seminars. 12. Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct. 13. Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures. 14. Regular and reliable attendance is required *Restrictions may apply
- An MS or MA in Speech/Language Pathologist/Communication Disorders from an approved graduate program. NYS Licensure in Speech/LamguagePathology.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an acute cares facility and/or an acute/outpatient rehabilitation facility.
- New Pathologists or new to homecare will be placed in the lower level of this job. Level two is meant for those with considerable homecare experience and demonstrated higher level of competence.
- Possession of a valid NYS motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Pre-employment physical examination and an annual health assessment as required by New York State Health Department.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*Restrictions may apply. Call for details
Requisition Number: 16-0027
Post Date: 5/1/2017
Title: Speech Therapist Yates Schuyler FT or PT $Retention Bonus Up to $15k*
City: Dundee, Penn Yan, Watkins Glen