HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Radiology Lead in Dulles, Virginia
At StoneSprings Hospital Center,a 124-bed acute care HCA Healthcare facility opening December 7, 2015 in Loudoun County, VA,you'll find a comprehensive range of medical services in this state of art facility.
Whether you're a nurse, doctor, clinician or support staff member, you'll have the chance to do challenging, career-enhancing work, while benefiting from the work/life balance made possible in a community setting. You'll enjoy an abundance of opportunities to grow and thrive in an atmosphere where you're valued as an individual, provided opportunities for growth, treated fairly and given a voice in decision making.
Job Functions1. Performs all radiologic and fluoroscopic procedures following departmental protocols. 2. Communicates to the patient the nature of the procedure and answer questions clarifying the procedure for the patient. 3. Assures patients' rights and privacy are maintained. 4. Reports any significant problems related to patients, physicians, x-ray procedures, housekeeping, maintenance, supplies, or personnel to Director of Radiology. 5. Responsible for proper documentation and maintenance of all required department records. 6. Maintains equipment and work areas in a neat, clean, and orderly manner. 7. Responsible for refurbishing department supplies in procedure rooms. 8. Assists in transporting patients to and from the Radiology Department. 9. Upon leaving the department, ensure all appropriate equipment is properly shut off.
- Establishes priorities, delegates responsibility and effectively utilizes department time, personnel and equipment within imaging modality.
- Routinely monitors and maintains scheduled quality assessment and improvement for departmental PI program.
- Assure the efficient use of departmental supplies through systematic inventory control with appropriate PAR levels.
- Works with department administrative team to establish employee work schedules, payroll and overtime authorization.
- Assures that preventative maintenance is performed routinely per guidelines on all equipment within modality. Keeps department administrative team aware of any equipment service issues.
- Assures accurate and timely billing of all exams performed within imaging modality.
- Works closely with Director of Radiology to promote positive rapport between imaging modalities with the Radiology Department.
- Serves as preceptor for new technologists; maintains effective education program to include orientation and competency for modality.
- Assures that work area(s) for modality are kept neat and clean on all shifts.
- Encourages and motivates employees to continue their professional and personal growth. Assures that employees maintain mandatory education, CPR, professional credentials and assists in providing an effective continuing education program.
- Represents modality on leadership team and other committees as assigned.
- Ensures that staff technologists maintain professional appearance and conduct.
Education: Graduate of a program in radiologic technology approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association or documented equivalent education. Licensure: Current certification by the American Registry of Radiology: Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as an RT(R) or eligible for registry.
Note: Registry eligible applicants must obtain certification within 6 months of hire. Experience: Ability to perform radiographic/fluoroscopic procedures following accepted standards and departmental protocols.
Title: Radiology Lead
Location: Virginia-Dulles-Stone Springs Hospital Center
Requisition ID: 26630-11658