HCA, Hospital Corporation of America MRI Technologist PRN in Dulles, Virginia
At StoneSprings Hospital Center,a 124-bed acute care HCA Healthcare facility where you will find a comprehensive range of medical services in a state-of-the-art facility. Whether you're a nurse, doctor, clinician or support staff member, you'll have the chance to do challenging, career-enhancing work, while benefiting from the work/life balance made possible in a community setting. You'll enjoy an abundance of opportunities to grow and thrive in an atmosphere where you're valued as an individual, provided opportunities for growth, treated fairly and given a voice in decision making.
PURPOSE Will utilize magnetic resonance imaging scanners to capture specific images ordered by a physician to aid in patient diagnosis. MRI techs must be able to closely follow a physician's instructions, prepare and operate MRI equipment, position patients correctly and effectively record the requested diagnostic images.
_ Job Functions_
- Prepares MRI scanner and performs quality control tests. Monitor inventory of supplies and maintain room cleanliness and neat appearance.
- Perform all MRI procedures in strict accordance with currently approved practices as outlined in department policy and procedure manual and comply with all applicable federal, state, local and other regulatory requirements.
- Obtain quality MRI images of patients. Demonstrates competence in following established scanning protocols and exercises ability to adjust protocols as required.
- Operates MRI scanner safely and competently. Ensures patient safety by screening for contraindications such as, but not limited to, cardiac pacemakers, sheet metal fragments, shrapnel, jewelry, wallet, metal prosthesis, etc.
- Controls the flow of patients within the section, in an efficient and timely fashion. Performs all exams within allocated timeframe.
- Utilizes supportive protective and immobilization devices as required for patient safety and comfort.
- Render patient care in a professional and courteous manner. Explain all procedures to the patient and evaluate care as it pertains to physical assessment and emphasize need for patient to tolerate enclosed space of magnet bore. Coordinates the MRI exam with the appropriate medical unit to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care.
- Reviews each exam for technical accuracy and identifies anatomical orientation on all images. Identifies each patient and reviews the requisition for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis. Assures that all images are transmitted correctly to PACS for radiologist viewing.
- Demonstrates practical application of age-related factors.
- Reports any significant problems related to patient, physicians, procedures, housekeeping, maintenance, supplies, or personnel to the Lead Technologist and/or Department Director.
- Demonstrates competency in IV access and IV contrast administration.
- Cares for patients while they are in Radiology Department by checking IV's, catheters, tubing airways, and patient monitoring equipment.
- Utilize proper sterile techniques in setting up and performing interventional procedures.
- Properly administers preparations to patients for exams per protocol.
- Performs reconstructions/3-D imaging and MR per protocol.
- Maintains continuing education credits for ARRT licensure.
- Demonstrates competency in operating the power injector in a safe manner per department protocol.
- Properly enters charges for exams in RIS (Meditech) in a timely manner.
- Takes call as assigned by Lead Technologist.
- Demonstrates willingness to assist in additional duties.
QUALIFICATIONS Education: Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. Responsible for continuing education credits as mandated by the ARRT for licensure. Licensure: ARRT(R)(MR). Experience: Minimum of one year as a MRI technologist preferred.
Title: MRI Technologist PRN
Location: Virginia-Dulles-Stone Springs Hospital Center
Requisition ID: 26630-11635