Midwestern University Clinical Assistant Professor - CCOM in Downers Grove, Illinois
Physician faculty will provide academic leadership in specific course structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with the Chair to plan and implement courses
- Collaborate through assessment to assure a robust evaluation/testing process
- Work collaboratively to assure a more aligned curriculum
- Prepare syllabi and course packet at least one quarter in advance of the present quarter
- Observe course faculty performance and providing feedback
- Take the COMLEX faculty review practice test on a periodic basis
- Participate in counseling/mentoring/coaching students as assigned by the Dean’s office
- Serve on college or university committees, as appointed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CCOM senior management.
Midwestern University: CCOM-reports to the appropriate department chair
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine; completed post-graduate residency and is certified in their specialty; greater than 3 year practice experience; familiarity with physicians and hospitals in the Chicagoland area. Prior medical education experience is a plus.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS/OTHER ABILITIES
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or boards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Doctorate or better
Posted: April 16, 2016