Cobham Mission Test Engineer in Dorset, United Kingdom
Cobham Mission Systems (CMS) are looking for a Test Engineer to test capability to support complex aerospace systems test software being produced to DO-178B standards. Internally this role will be referred to as an Automated test Engineer (ATE) Programmer
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Test Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Development of Production Acceptance Test (PAT) suites and applications
- Development of applications for simulation of CMS products to support Test
- Replacement of legacy manual tests sets onto ATE systems
- Future development of CMS ATE’s
- Development of drivers to support hardware used on CMS ATE
We are looking for versatile engineers who can operate in more than one of the areas above. The roles involve developing test applications, developing tests, running tests and analysing test results.
All applications, drivers and simulation software used on CMS ATE equipment is developed using National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand.
The items under test are avionics hardware and embedded software and hence experience of avionics interfaces (e.g. ARINC, 1553, CANBUS) is advantageous. All software (including test equipment) is developed to DO-178B standards.
As a Test Engineer your experience and qualifications should include
- A proven background in testing using a formal process.
- Attention to detail & a methodical approach
- Experience in a laboratory environment and use of equipment such as Digital Multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic analysers, emulators etc.
- General PC skills, in particular Word, Excel etc.
- A good understanding of hardware and associated Test practises
- Advanced experience in using LabVIEW or TestStand
- Good experience in writing and debugging of TestStand sequences
- Firm understanding of ESD practises and general awareness of working in an EPA laboratory
What we expect from you
As part of a large cohesive effort we would like strong team players with initiative, drive and excellent problem solving skills.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: UK-England-Dorset
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Wimborne
Job Posting: 17-Oct-2016, 8:48:03 AM
Recruiter: Claire Mcdougall
Req ID: 198631