Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command Resource and Aviation Management Specialist in Dobbins AFB, Georgia
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Dobbins AFB, GA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 12/1/2016 (4 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 12/8/2016 (3 day(s) away)
This is an Air Reserve Technician Enlisted position.
Air Reserve Technicians (ARTs) are part of the regular civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain active membership in an Air Force Reserve unit so long as they occupy ART positions. As members of reserve units, ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. In addition, they are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Force Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
This announcement may be used to fill upcoming like positions described herein. Certificates may be established and used for 90 days after the closing date of this announcement.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the Air Force Reserve. Retired military personnel who have active Air Force Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position and unit) on their application.
The Governments most important asset is its people.
The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to serve as an Aviation Resource Management Specialist, managing all operations resource and aviation management activities by using the Aviation Resource Management System (ARMS) for all flying personnel in the squadron. The incumbent of this position will:
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of data management in Operations to ensure aviation resource management complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
- Establish operating procedures to ensure timely and accurate processing of all aviation management data.
- Collect and evaluate management data pertaining to ARMS operations, including policy, work operations and progress, identifying actual or potential problem areas and/or trends.
- Extract, collate, compute and summarize statistical aircrew training and operations resource management data in various formats for briefings, meetings and panels.
- Prepare reports/projects and brief senior staff and management personnel at all levels.
- Provide staff advisory guidance and technical assistance directly to commanders and management officials on information contained within the ARMS.
- Occasional Travel
- May be required to fly in military/commercial aircraft during temporary duty assignments.
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Incentives are not offered
- PCS cost will not be paid
- Military AFSC & Rank: 1C072/MSgt
- Must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve membership requirements.
You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal Service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of this position. Experience which provides a thorough knowledge of operations flight management and aircraft operations field involving applying analytical and evaluative skills of aviation resources, aircrew and flight training records associated with he mission of a flying squadron. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): (1) Knowledge of Aviation Resource Management directives, policies and procedures . (2) Ability to operate Aviation Resources Management System and System Interfaces. (3) Skill and ability to prepare projects/reports and deliver briefings to senior management. (4) Knowledge of Reserve flight pay and allowances . (5) Knowledge of and skill in the application of administrative policies, directives, and procedures.
Substitution of Education for Experience: Master's Degree or equivalent graduate degree or two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D., in a relevant field of study from an accredited college or university. Education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) necessary to perform the duties of the position. If you are qualifying based on education, a copy of your college transcripts is required.
Combining Experience and Education: Equivalent combinations or successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet the experience requirements. For more information on combining experience and education please refer to website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Policy/ApplicationOFStds-05.ASP.
NOTE: Foreign education must be evaluated by an approved organization. The council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) may be of some help in providing information on these organizations. Visit: Council For Higher Education Accreditation http://www.chea.org/ Also, include and English translation of the foreign transcript
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require: (1) Incumbent's regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies (UTAs). (2) Obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance.
What To Expect Next
Applications will be processed for rating after the close date of this announcement. Processing time for applications is several weeks from the close date of this announcement. Applicants will receive a Notice of Results (NOR) via Application Manager approximately 2 days after the announcement closes. The rating on this NOR will be based strictly on your answers to the questionnaire. You may receive another NOR via email once your application is rated by a Human Resources Specialist which may reflect a different rating or veterans' preference from the initial notice. Qualified candidates may be referred to the selecting official for further consideration.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
- For more information visit the Air Force Special Examining Unit website at http://www.afrc.af.mil/AboutUs/JobOpportunities.aspx.
- Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Individuals with more than 120 days before separation date must submit with their application a letter, signed by their commanding officer, stating the individual will be released from active duty (Palace Chase) if they obtain an ART position. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
- Individual who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition assistance Program (ICTAP) must rank in the Best or Highly qualified catergories to be considered well qualified for the position. Federal civilian employees seeking ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirement of 5 CFR 330.704. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of the most recent Performance Rating, and a copy of the most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as an ICTAP eligible.
- Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. For information on military spouse preference, please refer to website https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/veterans-authorities/. Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference.
- All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.
Salary Range: $52,208.00 to $66,565.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0301-09/09
Promotion Potential: 09
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Applicants must be United States Citizens and be eligible and willing to join the USAF Reserve. For questions concerning military eligibility, please contact the Air Force Reserve Qualifications Center at 1-800-257-1212.
Control Number: 458121600
Job Announcement Number: SEU-17-0142