General Motors User Experience (UX) Designer - GCC0001292 in Detroit, Michigan
The User Experience Team within General Motors’ Global Connected Customer Experience division is searching for a User Experience Designer to join our team.
We are looking for someone who strives for design perfection but knows that it comes from iteration and refinement.The right candidate'sdesigns need to be engaging, purposeful and follow usability best practices.
This role will work closely with designers, strategists, researchers, product management and developers to think through big ideas and execute against them with high attention to detail. Our team is diverse, engaged and moves fast and we expect this role to not just keep up, but help lead the way.
- Designand deliver exceptional designs that elegantly and intuitively anticipate the needs of our customers while also meeting business objectives
- Work through out the design life cycle from ideation through development support and into testing
- Convey design ideas in tangible forms like sketches, prototypes, annotated comps and cut assets
- Work closely with the User Experience team to ensure our suite of products remains consistent where they need to be and differentiated as their respect platforms dictate.
- Serve as User Experience evangelistacross the organization
- Maintain a strong focus on developing designs that elegantly blends platform conventions and user experience principals with our features and functions.
- Help translate business requirements and interaction design principals into user experiences that are engaging, intuitive and consistent with experiences across our platforms.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. Qualifications:
- Experience working on responsive web sites as well as native mobile apps
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android design guidelines
- Experience with mobile app graphics
- Passion for great design, purposeful aesthetic sense, an eye for detail and a demonstrated understanding of typography, color, layout
- Deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems
- Strong understanding of user experience and interaction principals within the constraints of mobile devices, as well as across desktop environments
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet milestones and deadlines
- Aptitude for communicating design ideas persuasively and concisely both “up” and “across” an organization
- Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Experienced in tools of the trade, e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Azure, Balsamiq, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years participating in the complete software lifecycle process for software applications
- Minimum 5 years experience designing for web applications
- Minimum of 2 years experience designing for mobile applications