General Motors Sr IT Business Analyst - INF0018924 in Detroit, Michigan
PLEASEONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW ORIN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRESPONSORSHIP.
Thisposition requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regularbasis.
About the General MotorsGlobal Sales IT team:
GM’s Global Sales ITteam is helping GM earn Customers for Life by implementing game-changingtechnology, leading the industry in eCommerce, and strengthening ourcapabilities in business intelligence. Come and be part of how GM isrecreating the automotive purchase experience by providing information,convenience, and value to our customers in dealerships, online, and on mobiledevices. Our work has been covered in media outlets such as The Wall StreetJournal, USA Today, Time, and Reuters. We don’t just follow best practices – wecreate them, and earn Customers for Life!
About the Role:
- The Senior BusinessAnalyst will work with many cross-functional stakeholders throughout GM tosupport GM’s growing demands in consumer-facing systems, business intelligence,and forecasting.
- The Senior BusinessAnalyst is responsible for envisioning, defining, and implementing systems,user experience, data integrations, and predictive analytics.
- The ideal candidate willbe able to work with across multiple development teams to devise solutions foreCommerce, incentives, data integration, external services, and userexperience.
- In addition tosupporting these key initiatives, this person will also be responsible foractivities across the centralized team such as coordinating team/leadershipmeetings, leading special projects and initiatives, and supporting productionrequirements.
- Partner with internalcross-functional customers to define and direct business application solutionsand process improvements.
- Use knowledge of currentSales and Marketing applications/processes, and supporting data, to lead orsupport initiatives.
- Develop and executestrategies and roadmaps and supporting business case.
- Provide or supportbusiness project planning, business requirements definition, processdocumentation/modeling, and UAT test plan creation/execution. This person willact as a liaison between business users, IT development, and IT operationssupport team.
- Remain current onindustry best practices and be able to communicate and propose ideas verballyand in presentation format.
- Role requires ahigh-level of customer focus, relationship management, and business knowledgeto ensure that the appropriate business needs are clearly defined, communicatedand delivered. Also requires independent decision making, riskcalculation and management, and managerial courage.
- A bachelor’s degree in atechnical discipline
- Demonstrated in-depthunderstanding of Business Analysis fundamentals; including requirementselicitation, stakeholder collaboration, effective and timely communications,and test case creation and implementation
- Planning, negotiationand facilitation skills
- Ability to multi-taskand manage multiple initiatives without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated trackrecord of technical delivery of IT systems, particularly business systems
- Creative problem solvingability
- Decision making ability
- Strong analytical andcritical thinking skills
- Experience indevelopment and presentation of strategies and business cases supportingstrategic initiatives
- Master’s degree inBusiness, IT, or related
- Experience in IT projectmanagement, process definition, testing, and IT strategy and roadmapdevelopment
- Experience in programsinvolving significant data integrations
- Expertise in utilizingrequirements tools
- In-depth understandingof business applications and data within the GM Sales, Marketing, and CustomerExperience organization
- Experience in system anddata architecture
- Demonstrated experiencein IT operations
- Certified BusinessAnalysis Professional (CBAP) certification
- PMP certified
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’vecharged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s bestvehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of thelargest information technology transformations in the history of the automotiveindustry.
GM IT is a leaderin cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-CriticalBusiness Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing.We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionalslooking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that isre-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy ofGeneral Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employeeson an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion,national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression orveteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an EqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekersincluding individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodationto assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description ofthe specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.