General Motors Software Test Analyst Associate - INF0018632 in Detroit, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEEDSPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE AREUNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Location: Detroit, MI
About the General Motors Global Connected Consumer Experience IT Team:
At GCCX, we don’t design the transportation. We design the transportation experience. GCCX IT employees develop the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety and even autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and a vehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requires an architecture that can support over 900,000 vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. 4G LTE capability has been described as an untapped, under-appreciated opportunity valued at $350M in improved 2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game changing to the consumer, to the industry and to the company.
About the Role
- Perform test and production environment smoke testing
- Execute manual test cases
- Communicate test defects
- Participate in defect triage calls, as required, to expedite defect resolution
- Capture screen shots, log files, etc…
- Identify and communicate testing gaps within test team
- Compile and Report test results and defects to Test Project Manager and Test Engineer
- Write test cases and scenarios from functional and non-functional requirements
- Setup test scenarios which includes Application data setup and vehicle configurations
- Develop Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Desire to work in a fast paced, highly integrated, technology environment
- Applicants must have strong core Java skills gained in a business environment along with the following technical skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution
- 2 - 5 years of software development and/or software testing experience
- 1- 3 years’ experience with DB Tools such as SQL and Oracle
- Software development experience with Java
- Experience with tools such as ALM, SharePoint, Load Runner, Win Runner and other test tools
- Experience performing Unit, Systems, System Integration, Regression, Security or application performance testing
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Experience with Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP)
- Experience with either real time or batch systems
- Experience writing test cases
- Experience testing in agile
- Experience in Mobile and/or Communications testing
- Experience with OO analysis and design
- 1 -5 years of software development experience with Java
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value
The policy of GeneralMotors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on anequal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion,national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression orveteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an EqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekersincluding individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodationto assist with your job search or application for employment email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description ofthe specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.