General Motors Senior Data Visualization Analyst - FIN0007978 in Detroit, Michigan
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Finance and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working on visualization and reporting constructs
- Expert-level experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools such as Qlikview, Cognos, and Microstrategy
- Prior experience processing data from multiple sources and formats
- Prior experience utilizing ETL tools and various data platforms is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to both a business and IT audience.
- Ability to work as part of complex initiatives
- Ability to work in a highly matrix organization and partner with teams of onshore and offshore resources.
- Demonstrated success managing simultaneous projects Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree with coursework in data visualization or data analysis is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, take initiative, and be curious
- Must be detail oriented