General Motors SAP RTR Finance Analyst - INF0017530 in Detroit, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Detroit, MI, Atlanta, GA, or Austin, TX
About the Role:
GM offers a career in SAP that will expand your knowledge and provide opportunities to lead development and delivery for one of the world’s largest SAP implementations. This is a chance to develop your skills and expand your capabilities across a number of SAP modules across a global organization. This is a challenge that will enable you to grow as a top SAP delivery professional.
- Defining systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under deadlines
- Responsible for implementing the designed solution meeting business needs and providing best practices experience in their area.
- Responsible to manage solution scope within standard software capabilities to degree possible
- Works closely with business to verify requirements are captured in the solution design
- Works with other process leads to communicate cross functional requirements
- Assist Business with Problem and Incident Management
- Working closely with the SAP Development team to enhance or create custom enhancements, reports, and interfaces to solve business issues.
- Troubleshooting SAP system technical and functional issues, coordinating issue resolution across appropriate teams in a timely and professional manner.
- Supporting and improving existing functionality.
- Heavy collaboration with key stakeholders in the US, as well as with key business partners located across the globe.
- 3 - 5 years in a SAP implementation environment
- Strong hands on configuration experience in SAP FI/CO, AA & PS module with at least 2+ full lifecycle implementations in this space
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical terms relevant to SAP
- Proven communication skills, ability to work with business and design the business processes into SAP
- Ability to lead requirements and influence the design of repeatable and scalable processes.
- Strong understanding of transactional process flow in SAP
Candidate must also have hands-on SAP experience with the following:
- GL/AP/AR/AA/PS processes where interfaces are involved
- Experience with SAP New G/L and parallel ledger approach
- Experience in foreign currency valuation & customer / vendor reclassification
- Strong on MM & SD integration with FI module
- Experience with international sales/use tax, treasury/cash management, and inter-company processes
- External Tax engine (e.g. SABRIX)
- Controlling Module (CO Assessment / Distribution, COPA, Product costing)
- At least 1 year of experience with Asset Accounting, Product Costing, and Project Systems
- Writing functional requirements documents using standard IDOC's, BAPI's available in SAP
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.