General Motors Order Fulfillment Allocation Manager - SAL0009826 in Detroit, Michigan
OrderFulfillment Allocation Manager
NASales, Service, Marketing Organization, Detroit, MI
Manage allocationactivities for all North America divisional brands assigned. Providesupport for regional distribution departments. Interact with IT in regardto VOM and OWB business process and applications.
Major Duties andResponsibilities
- Prepare initial draft of annual Allocation Group listing for US, Canada, and Export. Verify with sales planners to ensure accuracy, and publish to stakeholders. Update as required throughout the year.
- Manage Business Elite allocation process including dealer emails, field notification, estimated shipments, variance, STMI and volume uploads.
- Update Country Plant (CPL) tables in Distribution Data Mart (DDM) to support GM Mexico Estimated Delivery Date calculations.
- Subject matter expert for Inventory Balancing tool including ongoing maintenance, and new district manager training.
- Attend monthly Project Management Office (PMO) Project Lead Meeting. Manage administrative activities associated with project charters, Annual Direct Business Benefits (ADBB), and Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) submissions for OWB, VOM and DDM.
- Request Dealer Allocation History and Order Placement Results for GM Legal and prepare Dealer Consensus and Order Management History reports as required to support Regional Distribution Teams.
- Maintain Consensus Email Zone Manager listing and updates.
- Provide back up for various adhoc reports, i.e. Industry Comparison Charts, Year-over-Year Analysis, ADS Dealer Reports (DOT Charts).
- Provide back up for Allocation Managers as required to calculate, review, and approve estimated shipments and variance resolution. Input temporary and controlled allocation as required.
- Provide back up for Volume Planners as required to determine and communicate retail and non-retail order quantities necessary to meet current production schedules, and to recommend resolutions regarding variance between final consensus quantities and retail production requirements for assigned allocation groups.
- Provide support to Order Fulfillment and outside stakeholders.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and provide solutions to various complex questions for VOM suite of systems.
- Maintain records according to ILM requirements.
- Participate in VOM/OWB system development projects including design and user acceptance testing (UAT).
Skills and Abilities
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- High level of analytical ability to solve complex problems.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient in applications including MS Word, Access, and Excel.
- Proficient in GM applications including Order Workbench, VOM, POMS, Sharepoint and CBA.
- Comprehensive understanding of field and dealership operations.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Distribution and/or Production Control experience preferred.
The policy of GeneralMotors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on anequal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion,national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression orveteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an EqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekersincluding individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodationto assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description ofthe specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.