General Motors Operations Control Manager - People Services - HUM0004623 in Detroit, Michigan
GBS People Services (GBS PS) is part of GM Global BusinessServices organization. GBS PS isembarked in a journey to transform the way in which we deliver services to ouremployees, contractors, retirees, etc. A critical enabler for thattransformation is the consolidation and optimization of the services in our 4global services centers (Poland, US, Brazil, The Philippines). The Operations Excellence Manager is key toestablishing and overseeing operational controls, financial controls, and toensuring service continuity.
The position has a global scope and will partner with theOperations Manager in each of the 4 service centers and support the businessneeds of the GBS PS leadership team as it relates to analytics, reporting, datainsights, decision making support, and service continuity. The OperationsExcellence Manager leads and develops a virtual team of 5 direct reportsembedded in the different service centers.
The Operations Excellence Manager has 3 main areas of focus: operationalcontrols, financial controls and service continuity. The primaryresponsibilities in each of those areas include, but are not limited to, thefollowing:
- Create and execute astrategy to evolve the existing data and reporting capabilities from thecurrent foundational state to a future state where data insights, forecastingand advanced analytics are assets to the daily operations and to the leadershipteam’s decision making process.
- Leverage the overarchingchange control process for the service centers to define and implementreporting governance that (1) strikes the right balance between meeting dailyoperational needs and common global reporting, and (2) effectively manageschanges to the reporting library.
- Develop and execute astrategic outlook on where to focus efforts and resources for data, reportingand analytics for optimal value.
- In partnership with GlobalProcess Leads, Migrations team and Operations Managers define and enable entryand exit reporting and analysis criteria that govern the in-take of new work bythe service centers.
- In partnership with GlobalProcess Leads and Operations Managers develop the strategy and implementationroadmap to effectively measure and manage 3rd party performance for services inthe scope of the service centers.
- Develop and implement acommon cost model for the service centers.
- Partner with GBS Finance todevelop and implement a common framework for service center budgets, includingrobust financial controls and budgetary discipline.
- Provide financial dataanalysis, tracking and reporting support for the GBS PS Service Centers andoperations in the development and tracking on a global basis of:
- Budgets, forecasts andactual results
- Headcount planning
- Business cases development
- Calculate cost of servicecenter operations to determine efficiency levels; establish target costs fordelivering services and compare them to actual costs; drive the development ofimprovement plans.
- Monitor and report cost ofoutsourced services; develop analytical conclusions to drive 3rd party servicedelivery improvements and cost reductions.
- Perform make vs. buyanalysis as it relates to service catalog items.
- Partner with GBS IT to develop,implement and actively manage a robust service assurance model for the servicecenters, which addresses prompt identification and resolution of IT incidentsthat adversely impact service delivery (including end-to-end communications,escalations, resolution, root-cause analysis, and corrective action).
- Evolve the existing commonglobal framework for business continuity and disaster recovery:
- Ensure business continuityand disaster recovery plans follow common template
- Create and oversee testschedules, track results and drive necessary corrective actions
- Create redundancy plans
- Act as the Single Point ofContact for corporate Risk Management office and coordinate efforts with theservice centers as needed.
- Coordinate all auditsimpacting the service centers, oversee follow-up on audit findings, andidentify lessons learned for application to all service centers.
Thepolicy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants andemployees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color,sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genderidentity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors iscommitted to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offersopportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. Ifyou need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search orapplication for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In youremail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you arerequesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position forwhich you are applying.
- Skills clusters:Implementation, Start Up, Leadership
- Bachelor degree in BusinessAdministration / Management / Finance or equivalent
- Excellent critical thinkingskills; analytical capabilities; demonstrated ability to translate data intoinsight
- Excellent communication,team building and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability tosimplify the complex and develop lean, well-controlled processes
- Intellectually curious;doesn’t stop at the first answer, but truly seeks to understand
- Effective relationshipbuilding; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Organized; Can adapt toshifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical andproblem-solving capabilities
- Proven track record inworking effectively with multi-functional teams and in an influence model
- High proficiency inMicrosoft Office
- Five or more years’professional experience
- Experience in providinganalytical support for service centers or similar environment
- Experience in managing ateam
- International experience orexperience working cross-culturally