General Motors Manager - Applied Insights & Innovation, Global Connected Customer Experience - GCC0000977 in Detroit, Michigan
Manager - Applied Insights & Innovation, Global Connected Customer Experience
Do you want to help redefine one of the largest industries in the world? Do you enjoy studying consumer behavior and translating those insights into game-changing products and services? Are you a strategic thinker who can synthesize incomplete data to inform business decisions? Can you trust your gut, when time is short and facts are limited?
If so….then this is the team for you.
The broader Global Connected Customer Experience organization at GM allows us to combine advancements in wireless connectivity and the power of OnStar, with new innovations in consumer electronics, infotainment and telematics to engineer tomorrow’s connected car experiences, and drive experience innovation for customers throughout the vehicle lifecycle.
Every member of the GCCX team contributes to a thriving environment of professionals committed to identifying and building market leading connected customer experiences that surprises and delights our customers, and as a result helps GM meet its objectives.
About the Manager Connected Experience Insights & Innovation role:
This position is within General Motors’ Global Connected Customer Experience (GCCX) organization and is responsible for synthesizing consumer insights to help define market requirements and inform product strategy for products and services throughout the customer ownership lifecycle. This role requires passion for understanding emerging customer needs in the connected mobility space, and the consumer electronics industry. Further, it requires the ability to translate those insights into actionable innovations that drive competitive advantage via significant improvements in products, services and customer experiences.
Candidate should have a demonstrated capability of uncovering tacit customer needs, turning them into business strategy, and leading cross-functional alignment. Requires ability to work collaboratively across many functions including: Marketing, Sales, Product Planning, R&D, Market Research, Engineering, and IT.
- Customer Needs/Insight Development: Uncover emerging, global customer needs and insights that can be solved with new connected products and services
- Requires ability to work with our global team to ensure consideration of regional and local needs
- Market Requirements: Provide vision and customer roadmap for GCCX to deliver solutions that meet the needs of global customers and that realize the Company’s connectivity strategy
- Concept Development: Develop and qualify concepts for product, service and experience solutions based upon leading insights and emerging customer needs
- External focus and experience expert: Serve as GM expert on connected product and service customer insights in assigned domains
- Global strategy alignment: Drive focus and alignment for GCCX product, service and experience vision, and market requirements among key global stakeholders
Key elements/focus areas
- Product and Service Innovation Skills – demonstrated experience innovating in a product or service environment.
- Exceptional Customer Understanding and Insight Development Skills - Passion for customer understanding and the ability to turn insights into mind and heart-opening ideas and solutions. Proven examples of product concept development and customer needs discovery are a must have.
- Strategic and Innovative Thinking - exceptional acumen and ability to combine "art" and "science" to make strategic recommendations. Market Requirements definition requires an ability to identify the 80/20 most critical priorities, focus the team and learning plan against these, and learn/iterate quickly using a combination of gut, qualitative, and quantitative tools.
- Creativity and innovation - must have an innovation mindset that challenges conventional boundaries and looks for break-through opportunities across all aspects of the projects (concept, initiative ideas, business strategies). Creative problem solving, search and re-apply and making connections internally and externally to create brilliant customer and business propositions is a significant expectation of this role.
- Collaboration - The candidate must have exceptional collaboration skills up, down and across the organization. Must be able to advocate effectively to advance key projects. Close working relationship with the global, multifunctional (Product Planning, R&D, Engineering, Market Research, IT, Dealer Network and Marketing) project teams, regional leadership, and brand teams.
- Demonstrated innovation expertise
- Insight discovery/customer understanding
- Global strategy and “big idea” development
- Concept development and qualification
- Critical thinking and structured communication
- Global idea pipeline creation
- Ability to influence and collaborate across functions
- Global management/leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Auto industry experience
- Customer electronics experience
- Franchise model/dealer network innovation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.