General Motors IT Technical Manager - INF0018781 in Detroit, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the General Motors Product Development IT Team:
At GCCX, we don’t design the transportation. We design the transportation experience. GCCX IT employees develop
the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety and even autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and a vehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requires an architecture that can support over 900,000 vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. 4G LTE capability has been described as an untapped, under-appreciated opportunity valued at $350M in improved 2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game changing to the consumer, to the industry and to the company.
About the Role:
Leading a team of technical resources that are accountable for the Integrated Development Test Environments for GCCX. This lead will be responsible for planning the non-production environments used by multiple IT and Engineering team. This role leads a team and is hands on to ensure that the test environments are available 24/7. These initiatives are also included:
- Able to effectively lead a team of technical and non-technical resources.
- Able to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Create the environmental roadmap to support the GCCX environments for multiple years.
- Ensures that environments are patched.
- Develop monitoring and metrics to ensure 95% availability.
- Work daily with the Build Integration Team to identify and resolve issues.
- Work with multiple IT and business groups to have environments available when required.
- Create and update Knowledge Management Articles to help with triage.
- Improve the use of build automation tools.
- Capable of working without direct supervision.
If you want to insert a link to a video, you should do it here. We have them on the GCCX postings.
Check out the video of: The Best Job In IT With GM
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field. Masters preferred
- At least 10 years of experience developing and architecting distributed, component-based, service-oriented
- solutions for an enterprise
- 2-3 years of GCCX experience
- Experience with SOA and Web Service stacks, standards, products, and technologies.
- Experienced in following industry-proven software engineering practices such as SEI CMMI and agile
- methods like FDD
- Experience with commercial and open-source web server, application server platforms and enterprise
- middleware, including MOM, TP Monitors, system management and security systems
- Experience with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Working experience in a Dev Ops organization
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.