General Motors Intern/Co-op - Communications - COM0000708 in Detroit, Michigan
Chevrolet communications interns assist the Chevrolet communications teams with various activities that promote key vehicles and support summer launch and marketing events. They take an active role in developing brand strategy, creating awareness and consideration with key audiences, participating in brainstorming and executing communications plans.
• Support vehicle launch planning and related media outreach and activities
• Represent the brand and attend divisional media ride-and-drive and racing events
• Assist with various conference sponsorship activities including project management and onsite support
• Mine, pitch and place interesting and targeted divisional “stories”
• Write and develop divisional media materials for GM’s media website http://media.gm.com
• Write posts for divisional and corporate social media channels
• Engage in social media and influencer outreach, on behalf of the brand
• Utilize analytics and media measurement to develop strategies and measure effectiveness
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.