General Motors HRIS Business Analyst - HUM0004597 in Detroit, Michigan
The Business Analyst in practice will enable change by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. This role is primarily responsible for working with stakeholders to define and document business problems, processes and requirements to deliver on a solution.The person in this role will be aligned to the HRIS Data Architecture Strategy Manager and will be assigned to work on various projects / initiatives within HR and GBS. This includes, serving as the liaison between GBS, IT and the Business helping to translate functional requirements to non-functional systems requirements on key programs and projects.
In addition to project assignments, the Business Analyst will support or lead key projects until its end within HR. Managing requirements throughout the PMLC is crucial,while at the same time achieves traditional operational objectives through effective program management and a “can-do” approach.Theindividual filling this role should demonstrate high aptitude in many key Lominger competencies including: action oriented, comfort around higher management, conflict management, functional/technical skills, listening, organizing, planning, presentation skills, process management, written communication, patience, peer relationships, composure and creativity. These skills are critical as this new roleis highly collaborative and will work with various management, SME’s and executive stakeholders from cross functional areas such as HR, Finance, GBS and IT.
- Manages multiple medium-size projects or a large-scale Project from beginning to end.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time and meet all business and system requirements. Conducts all project management tasks to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals.
- Develops project plans, schedule and work breakdown structure for projects.
- Maintains project tracking and provides status reports to senior leadership.
- Identifies and proactively resolves issues/conflicts within the project team.
- Communicates project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams including architects, software engineers, developers, testers, technical leads, and deployment leads to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Elicit and document requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions and perform analysis to capture functional requirements, create use cases, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Assist or lead programs, business architects, IT, and business functions with capturing as-is and to-be processes
- Supervise or lead requirements traceability information and provide status during the course of the project.
- Monitor changes to baseline requirements with the use of effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Make contributions in the development of Test Plans, coordination of user acceptance testing, and also perform test execution as required.
- Successfully engage or lead in multiple initiatives/projects simultaneously
- Develop or utilize standard templates for documenting requirements specifications.
- Support business case development and transition to operations
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related discipline
- 3-5 years of project related experience
- 3-5 years Business Analyst work experience
- Comprehensive experience with data query and analysis tools and techniques including experience with PeopleSoft/Cognos report writing
- Technical expertise regarding data models and query design development
- Knowledge of project management disciplines (e.g. PMBOK)
- Demonstrated ability to support all phases of the technology life cycle, including requirements definition, design, development, conversion and testing
- Working knowledge of process methodologies (AGILE, SDLC, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma preferred)
- Self-starter with the ability and acumen to covert Vision into executable next steps, plans and process
- Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining an overall perspective
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams
- Great written and presentation skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage numerous tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong Microsoft Office suite abilities in Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Previous experience in Human Resources or Business Architecture within a services organization is a plus
- Familiarity with using HR Management Systems (PeopleSoft highly regarded)
- Experience working as a Project Manager with a successful project delivery record.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred