General Motors Global User Experience Business Lead - FIN0007899 in Detroit, Michigan
Position Description: User Experience (UX) Business Analyst
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: Design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. To achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest transformations.
Primary purpose :
We are looking for a UX Business Analyst to play a key role in designing and implementing a new employee digital experience across our company globally. This position will be responsible for participating in the planning, defining, designing and testing of solutions along with processes that support our digital delivery road map. Core activities will include gathering and defining requirements, journey mapping, process design, gap analysis, bench marking, application testing and supporting UX design rollouts.The role will ensure new technology and processes are aligned and contribute to the long term strategy, providing advice and support as part of the program implementation teams.
This is a collaborative role that will work with a cross-functional team of business, functional process leads and IT delivery managers to understand the current state of technology usage, current and future business process needs, and to define the future state of the user experience that will be enabled through technology. The person in this role must also understand what the industry standards and best practices are for the digital delivery of employee services. This role will aid the business in effectively articulating the business requirements for technology solutions, defining the user experience, developing a future vision and a road map, and providing consultation during project implementations.
- Responsible for supporting the creation, maintenance, and oversight of the digital delivery of employee services
- Leverage new delivery solutions globally, in line with the strategic deployment of the employee services, focusing in transforming the existing user experience and creating a best in class employee portal
- Provide thought leadership on opportunities to leverage existing technology that could meet the business needs
- Identify gaps where new technology is required that is needed to meet the business needs
- Identify opportunities for process simplification and standardization strategies
- Approach business vision with a design thinking methodology
- Ensure UX Design road map comprehends global rollouts, future UX needs, and project implementation resource estimations
- Interact with business partners to understand and document the scoped business processes, user expected journey, and requirements
- Perform gap analysis and/or bench marking as needed
- Define business requirements documents, test plans and test cases, agent training documents and implementation documentation as necessary
- Work with IT development team to define and implement requirements
- Work with business partners to ensure UX Design rollout success
- Develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- A minimum of four years’ experience working with web based initiatives, with at least two years of new website design implementation experience.
- A strong functional knowledge digital user experience
- High tolerance for working in a dynamic and shifting environment and able to readily embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Proficient in project life cycle.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating HR operations with technology skills
- Strong analytical, multitasking and interpersonal skills required
- Must be a self-starter, take initiative, and be curious
- Must be detail oriented while keeping eye on the bigger picture
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with different requirements (global/local) ensuring ability to negotiate successful solutions.
- This organization is a fast paced, dynamic environment. A strong desire to work in such an environment is an important key to success.
- Ability to work independently
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- Advertising agency experience in the user experience field a plus
- Experience in engaging business and IT partners to research and resolve issues.
- Experience with low-level ad-hoc query tools and a detailed working knowledge developing metrics.
- Experience with integration and parallel test phases
- Experience in development of Service delivery models and implementations, aligning the different pieces and phases
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Must have very strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward the user experience of the solution.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of partners and drive consensus when conflicting requirements are identified.