General Motors Global Project Manager – GCCX Initiatives - GCC0001356 in Detroit, Michigan
The Global Connected Consumer Experience (GCCX) organization at General Motors is tasked with identifying and developing innovations in infotainment and telematics to create tomorrows connected car. The purpose of this position is to lead the successful launch of global projects following structured project methodology and cross-functional alignment of stakeholders throughout General Motors.
The Global Project Manager role requires strong project and technical leadership with a track record of success for executing in a highly complex environment.
The GCCX Project Manager will be accountable for the following:
- Leading and managing their project team and ensuring on time delivery and quality.
- Developing and maintaining project schedule that reflects all stakeholder timing.
- Developing and maintaining project scorecards and delivery metrics.
- Managing issues, risks, escalations and communicating effectively with team members and leaders.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads, guides and directs the successful execution of major/minor customer facing initiatives/projects for regions outside North America to ensure they are delivered on time and with quality.
- Ensure all detailed business requirements are captured, reviewed & approved per plan by working with key stakeholders on the Project Execution Team (PET).
- Ensure all detailed timing milestones are captured and tracked with dependencies clearly identified and managed within Microsoft Project Schedule.
- Report project status to lead Project Manager, PET, and senior leadership.
- Track issues and risks and ensure they are addressed efficiently to ensure the timing is met.
- Work with technical counterparts including IT PM(s) and development managers both within GCCX and outside partners.
- Ensure all technical activities are covered across the development life cycle (requirements, design, development, validation & release).
- Add value to the technical team through the facilitation and participation on issue resolution and technical discussions. Perform project functions to allow the technical teams to focus on the technical work.
- Look for process improvement opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies and non-value added activities.
- Manage and facilitate project meetings and working sessions.
- Ensure adherence to GCCX Global Product Development Process including change management processes.
- Accountable for achievement of key project performance indicator metrics for assigned projects.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- 7 years+ of experience in project management of technical solutions in either Engineering or IT domain on large scale projects with a successful project delivery record.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, drive for results, problem solve and achieve objectives.
- Experience working with telecom carriers for the implementation of telecommunication systems and holding them accountable for deliverables.
- Practical experience with requirements and test case development.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enjoys working with diverse workforce.
- Strong experience interacting with business customers and managing delivery expectations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with executive leaders
- Strong organization skills both personal and project oriented.
- Ability to work independently without extensive direct supervision.
- Demonstrated customer focus by investigating and taking action to meet customer’s current and future needs.
- Ability to travel globally
- Desire to drive excellence in servicing General Motors customers and OnStar subscribers when faced with urgent and critical situations. Requires availability outside of normal business hours.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- GCCX (OnStar) and/or GM domain background
- Global Development Process (GDP)
- Global Connected Car
Education and Training
- Required: BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent Degree and/or work experience
- Preferred: PMP, MBA or MS in a technical discipline