General Motors Global GRC Technology Analyst - FIN0007674 in Detroit, Michigan
Global GRC Technology Analyst
This position has primary responsibility for the administration of a global GRC tool, including reporting. The analyst should be comfortable in IT system administration (user access, security, reporting).The analyst will also be responsible for demonstrating skills related to internal controls, including flowcharting business processes. Optimally, the candidate will have knowledge of basic risk concepts.Work involves a high-level of initiative, but will receive strong support and guidance from the Global GRC technology team.
This position is a part of a ground-up global implementation with high visibility, and the right candidate may be presented with additional stretch/growth assignments and exposure. This position is well suited to a highly motivated self-starter.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate system implementation activities, including monitoring progress to plan, identifying and tracking open issues, identifying gaps/areas for improvement and making recommendations for adjustments
- Be main point of contact for system users, IT to troubleshoot ongoing issues or questions
- Coordinate user access
- Coordinate reporting
- Assist with development and deliver training as needed
- Ongoing development and maintenance of SharePoint site(s)
- Prepare and maintain system related documentation
- Escalate issues and roadblocks timely
- Interface with other stakeholders and business units as appropriate
- May assist with Strategic Risk Management sessions such as brainstorming, workshops, etc.
Ad hoc or special projects as needed
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Relevant certification such as CCSA (Certification in Control Self-Assessment), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), or other
- Additional language skills beyond English are a plus
- 2-3 years audit, internal controls, information technology or systems experience
- Prior relevant IT, GRC, or consulting experience
- Experience with system implementation and/or system administration
- Experience with risk and control concepts
- Experience with GRC platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, SharePoint
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, finance, business administration, information technology or systems, or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent problem solving ability and ability to resolve issues under tight time frames
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
Able to travel up to 10%