State of Michigan Executive Secretary 10 - Second District Headquarters in Detroit, Michigan
This position provides confidential secretarial and executive support to the Michigan State Police (MSP) Second District commander and assistant district commanders. Duties include coordination of district-wide administrative support tasks; serving as liaison for the district commander to all district personnel and other law enforcement agencies within the region covered by the district to develop, correlate, and disseminate information on behalf of the district commander; and, providing leadership to other district secretaries in the performance of their assigned duties.
Required Education and Experience
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
Five years of administrative support experience where use of a personal computer to prepare correspondence, reports, charts, etc., or to enter/retrieve/update information is an essential part of the work, including two years equivalent to advanced (8) level administrative support work, Secretary E8, or Legal Secretary E8; or, one year equivalent to a Secretary 9, Legal Secretary 9, or Senior Executive Management Assistant 9.
Additional Requirements and Information
Applicants for this vacancy will be screened on the following criteria:
- Excellent writing ability, including appearance, content, organization, style, accuracy and attention to detail, as demonstrated in cover letter and application materials submitted.
- Prior experience working with the public safety community (law enforcement, courts, prosecutors, etc.).
- Experience handling confidential information and documents.
- Experience organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work and office activities.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience working with state government officials.
- Experience working with software specific to the State of Michigan (MAIN, DCDS, etc.).
- Recent/relevant experience providing executive level administrative support, in a complex, fast paced, highly confidential work environment. To be considered for this position, applicants must attach a cover letter addressed to Capt. Monica Yesh, which addresses their background and interest in the position, and how they meet the screening criteria. For current MSP employees, format of cover letter must follow MSP Administrative Guide standards. Current MSP employees must also attach a copy of their last two performance appraisals to their application.
See instructions for proper submission/attachment information.
This position requires passing a pre-employment screening, which includes passing a drug screen, criminal history background check and a fingerprint check by the Michigan State Police.
View the job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Secretary131437.pdf
Salary: $39,395.20 - $52,811.20 Annually
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Number: 5501-1733-LRM
Location: Detroit, MI
Closing: 12/6/2016 11:59 PM Eastern
Department: State Police
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909.
Phone: (800) 788-1766