The Children's Center of Wayne County Clinician - Early Childhood Behavioral Health (005537) in DETROIT, Michigan
As we know prevention is the key to changing the lives of children and generations to come. Early Childhood Behavioral Health (ECBH) is dedicated to providing the best possible treatment to young children and their families. Our babies often go without a voice. If you are interested in speaking for the ones who cannot speak for themselves consider applying for a position in ECBH. This position is more than just sitting and talking with families. This positon is designed to help families of young children change the course of their lives. One of the main focus is helping a parent to understand and interpret their children’s behavior so they can learn healthy ways of communicating. This interpretation and understanding is also used in the school setting. This position also helps parents deal with their own past hurt and trauma that most often influences the way they parent their own children. This approach leads to an overall sense of belonging and connection. We treat the whole family to ensure the best possible outcomes for our little ones.
ECBH will allow you to use a relationship based clinical intervention as well as a proven evidence based model. Home based and community based work allows you to treat the whole family in their own environment. Supervision and team work are key elements in this position. So if you do not want to sit at a desk all day and you enjoy the excitement and challenge of working independently and you are self-driven this maybe the position for you.
Think about it and if you feel you can make a difference apply we would love to talk with you.
To qualify for this position you will need:
- Master’s degree in mental health related field such as; social work, psychology, or/and counseling.
- Professional licensure in the state of Michigan for the coordinating degree and maintain license throughout employment.
- Candidates must have a Level II or higher endorsement or qualify or the IMH Waiver
- CAFAS or PECFAS Certification a plus
- A minimum of 1 year of experience engaging children and families within a framework of cultural competency
- Ability to assess, diagnose, develop treatment plans and provide crisis intervention
- Ability to work with children and families in the community based settings as needed.
This position will be responsible for some of the following:
- Monitor overall service plan implementation, making recommendation for services, level of care and discharge as needed.
- Using a Family Centered Planning model; coordinate and monitor delivery of services and implementation of behaviorally specific treatment goals and objectives for assigned clients including the assessment, treatment, coordination of referral for additional coordination of services.
- Complete case documentation and maintain client case records and other reports within funding, accreditation and Agency guidelines.
- Maintain ongoing communication and follow up with assigned clients to facilitate treatment.
- Utilize the ICD-9 and DSM-IV to determine diagnosis.
- Develop a Person/Family Centered treatment plan.
While you are taking care of our clients, we want to take care of you!
TCC offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
- Medical & prescription coverage with a minimal employee contribution
- 100% employer paid dental & vision coverage for all full time staff members & eligible dependents
- Employee life insurance & optional dependent life Insurance
- Accident & critical illness insurance
- 403(b) thrift plan with employer match after 1 year; fully vested after 2 years
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education & full licensure stipend
- Longevity pay after 3 years
- 160 hours of paid time off your 1st year, 200 hours your 2nd year, up to 280 hours
- 10 paid holidays
Starting salary range of $38,000 which can increase at time of offer based upon years of relevant experience, with an additional increase for full licensure and IMH Endorsement.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Number: 005537
Job Title: Clinician - Early Childhood Behavioral Health
Number of Openings: 2
Job Type (Employment Type): Employee
Job Schedule: Regular Full Time 40 Hours
Job Category: Clinical
Career Level: Clinician