General Motors Associate Scrum Master - INF0018758 in Detroit, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEEDSPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE AREUNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Location: Detroit, MI
About the General MotorsGlobal Connected Consumer Experience IT Team:
At GCCX, we don’t designthe transportation. We design the transportation experience. GCCX IT employeesdevelop the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. Thistechnology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, moreadvanced active safety and even autonomous driving. These capabilities existthrough the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and avehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requiresan architecture that can support over 900,000 vehicle transactions per hourwith sub-second response times. 4GLTE capability has been described as an"untapped, under-appreciated opportunity" valued at $350M in improved2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game changing to theconsumer, to the industry and to the company.
About the role:
The Global Connected Customer Experience IT Systems Analyst works within a software development team, directly collaborating with software developers, testers and software development managers.As a Systems Analyst you will be expected to participate in all software development phases, including requirements definition, design, development, test and production deployment support.
- Work with business analysts to ensure narratives and requirements are properly translated into development tasks
- Lead development standups, maintain kanban tasks and track iteration status
- Effectively organize design discussions and escalate issues
- Confirm test plans, track test status, and effectively coordinate resolution of software defects
- Review and remediate issues identified in performance testing / security testing
- Participate in software development design artifacts including: project summaries, systems designs, architecture design documents, security compliance workbooks, test results, etc.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience in a software development environment
- Experience in development methodologies (Agile, XP, Waterfall, Scrum, etc..)
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to capture system requirements and document complex system behavior
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Gherkin, UML, sequence diagrams
- Experience with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP)
- Some knowledge of SQL and Oracle technologies (i.e. Weblogic)
- Infrastructure knowledge (Virtual Machines, Servers, Firewalls, Load Balancers)
- Experience with either real time or batch systems
Why General Motors?
AtGM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell theworld’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing oneof the largest information technology transformations in the history of theautomotive industry.
GM IT is a leader incutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-CriticalBusiness Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing.We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionalslooking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that isre-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of GeneralMotors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on anequal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion,national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression orveteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an EqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekersincluding individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodationto assist with your job search or application for employment email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description ofthe specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.