Honeywell Research and Development Lab Engineer, Exploratory Catalysis in Des Plaines, Illinois
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Research and Development Lab Engineer within Honeywell UOP’s R&D Exploratory Catalysis Research group located in Des Plaines, IL. This position will be responsible for providing laboratory support to research and development projects.
UOP LLC, headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, USA, is a leading international supplier and licensor of process technology, catalysts, adsorbents, process plants, and consulting services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, and gas processing industries. Honeywell UOP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honeywell International, Inc. and is part of Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining.
• Observe and maintain all laboratory and company safety requirements
• Learn lab plant operations, including handling of catalysts and hydrocarbon feedstocks
• Operate lab plants to test catalysts and generate necessary data
• Analyze and summarize the data
• Provide summaries of results – both verbally and in written form – and discuss these with senior staff and project teams
• Organize and maintain information pertaining to the performed experiments including laboratory notebooks, research reports, and other documents
• Present work at internal R&D meetings
• A BS degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
• 2 years of experience working in a laboratory or R&D environment is required
• Be mechanically inclined and capable of operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
• Strong multi-tasking skills together with the ability to effectively manage project deliverables
• Strong organizational skills
• Self-motivated and demonstrated experience working with multiple internal customers
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
• Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, graphics and LIMS programs
• Ability to work in a team based environment
We offer a team oriented environment along with exciting career opportunities and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
The successful applicant is required to receive safety training and to follow the Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Operating Sheets required to perform safe lab work operations.
Job: *Technology R&D
Title: Research and Development Lab Engineer, Exploratory Catalysis
Location: IL-Des Plaines
Requisition ID: 00351876