The Homestead Adult Autism Associate - Part Time Growth Opportunity - Flexible Schedule - Adult Community Services in Des Moines, Iowa
The Homestead is growing and we want you to join our team! We have openings for Adult Autism Associates who will get to teach and support adults with autism. You would be inspiring personal growth, teaching self-care, social skills development and in some cases, vocational skills.
This position is perfect for college students and para educators looking for supplemental experience or careers. If you're someone who cares deeply for other people, wants to be challenged every day, is creative and a good listener then we'd like to talk to you about doing this rewarding work.
- Responsible for training and assisting persons served in various aspects of daily living,
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements,company policies and procedures
- Responsible for the health, safety, and emotional support of the person being served
- Electronically documenting the services and supports provided
- High school diploma or GED
- Driver's license and auto insurance
Part Time Hours:
- The hours for this position will be Monday thru Friday and may vary depending on the need of the individual. This would be a great position for someone who wants flexible hours. This position may also pick up additional shifts.
We will conduct a pre-employment physical, drug screen, OIG, MVR and background checks, as well as an E-Verification of employment. The Homestead is an equal opportunity employer.