HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician in Derry, New Hampshire
A Pharmacy Technician is that individual who, under the supervision of the Lead Pharmacy Technician and/or Licensed Pharmacist, assists in the various activities of the pharmacy department not requiring the professional judgment of the pharmacist. Such duties include, but need not be limited to: maintaining patient records; set up, packaging, and labeling medication doses; filling and dispensing routine orders for stock supplies of patient-care areas; refilling and inventorying automated dispensing machines, maintaining inventories of medication supplies; and mixing medications with parenteral fluids. Technicians must function in strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines with deviation approved by the supervising pharmacist. Organizational relationships include being directly responsible to the Lead Technician, Pharmacist, Clinical Manager, Assistant Director, and Director of Pharmacy.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Processes medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications and/or IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
• Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system’s policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
• Assists in inventory maintenance and control.
• Assists in maintaining inventory contained in automated dispensing equipment.
• Demonstrates teamwork to maximize operational efficiencies.
• Accurately and timely repackages medications for bar-code technology.
• Completes work activities through effective management of time, tasks and available resources. Manages own conduct, performance and attitude including time, space and paper, ethics, attendance and punctuality, and customer focus.
• Assist in the processing of medications/requisitions to customers in an efficient, timely and courteous manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
• Participates in the performance improvement process.
EXPERIENCE Required- 1 years Pharmacy technician Preferred- 2 years Pharmacy technician
EDUCATION Required- High school diploma or equivalent Preferred- Associates degree
CERTIFICATION Required- Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration required Preferred- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified
Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: New Hampshire-Derry-Parkland Medical Center - Derry
Requisition ID: 00636-3588