HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supv Laboratory in Denver, Colorado
Hematology/Micro Lab Supervisor - Full time
/Work for one of the most prestigious hospitals in Denver!/
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center (P/SL) provides state-of-the-art, complex medical care in the heart of Denver treating patients from all over the Rocky Mountain region. We are home to a Cancer Center distinguished by the Commission on Cancer as a Center of Excellence and the largest Bone Marrow Transplant Center in the Rocky Mountain region. P/SL holds centers of excellence designations in Neonatal Intensive Care, Spine and Joint Care and Bariatric Surgery as well as Stroke Certification and Level IV trauma.
This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The position will combine the oversight of Hematology/Coagulation/UA and Microbiology
- Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, the Department Supervisor plans, coordinates, and directs the daily activities of the department and performs technical and sophisticated testing procedures to obtain timely and accurate clinical data.
- The Supervisor is responsible for monitoring actions, of all personnel who report to them, providing quality service and ensure compliance with CAP, JCAHO, FDA, AABB, AND CLIA, FACT standards.
- Provides technical assistance and training of Laboratory personnel, maintains data CQI and evaluates performance.
- Ensures validity and accuracy of test results by review of result logs, QC, CQI, and worksheets where applicable.
- Must be familiar with the various services available in the hospital and the interactions with the Laboratory.
- The Supervisor must continually strive to improve knowledge, leadership skills, training skills and technological skills, and knowledge through formal and informal education. (The Department Supervisor will continually review and update information for age-related patient care addressing neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.)
- When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by Laboratory Director.
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. * We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual * We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness * We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives. * We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
*Licensure/Certification/Registration: * * ASCPorNCAorHEW required.
* A college graduate or equivalent who has passed a certification examination for MT, ASCP, NCA OR HEW, MLT or NCA Certification. Certification requires a B.A. or B.S. in Medical Technology or related field (Chemistry, Biology, etc.), and one-year internship or appropriate experience prior to examination. HEW, MLT Certification requires a combination of education and experience (military or otherwise) prior to examination.
* Four years minimum experience as a Technologist in assigned area required.
* Strong leadership, good interpersonal and computer skills.
* Detail oriented and highly organized.
Qualified applicants only will be considered. If you meet and/or exceed the above qualifications, please apply now!
Title: Supv Laboratory
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-59050