Kratos Technology & Training Solutions RT Logic Systems Engineer-Test (Software) in Denver, Colorado
RT Logic is a leading supplier of ground signal processing systems (RF, DSP, and digital domains) and communication equipment for satellite operations including factory test, launch, business operations, and assured mission capabilities. Our technology also supports non-space applications. We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer – Test (Software)!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Serve as a valuable team member participating in the test planning, design and execution for RT Logic network transport and recording products. Develop formalized test procedures that ensure compliance with customer and RT Logic requirements and ensuring the release of high quality products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and ensure proper execution of automated product regression test suites
- Develop, document and execute custom tests to validate specific project requirements, occasionally hosting RT Logic customers to witness testing
- Provide analysis and reporting on testing outcomes for both customers and internal teams
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects
- Validate, recreate and document customer reported issues
- Develop software and scripts to integrate and support other test tools and activities
- Review and verify requirements and design specifications for products with an emphasis towards product testability and verification
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, Developers and Production support teams to create and maintain an industry leading test environment
Experience and Skills:
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in a software development and test environment
- Strong understanding of quality engineering and test principles and practices
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Proficiency in at least one programming language including, but not limited, to Python, Java, C++, C
- Experience writing and executing system level test plans, test procedures and test reports
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven, with a strong quality and development background and some familiarity with test tools and frameworks.
- Experience with defect, test cases and source code management tools
- Strong interpersonal skills especially during customer interactions
- Experience developing complex test automation, scripts and/or automation frameworks
- Experience with GUI testing
- Familiarity with networking concepts and protocols with an emphasis on Ethernet and IP
- Knowledge of satellite communications and ground systems
- Experience with digital and RF test and measurement equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc.)
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: RTL: 16-033
Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 15, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP