TEKsystems Performance CoE Lead Engineer/Architect in Denver, Colorado
The Performance Engineer Architect (PEA) is a Quality Assurance and Software Testing professional fulfilling a quality improvement and technical leadership function within the TEKsystems QA and Testing Practice. They are responsible for solution delivery, client support, client transformation, and contributing towards the growth of the TGS QA Practice specifically in the QA Automation-Performance domain. The primary duty is to ensure that applications are tested and evaluated for conformance to the performance specifications required by business, development, or partner stakeholders.
The Performance Engineer Architect ( PEA) is responsible for implementing, improving, governing, providing thought leadership and innovation, of technical solutions and capabilities of the QA Practice to ensure highest quality and customer experiences. These efforts include, but not limited to, following and promoting a consistent and comprehensive approach of catalyzing solutions through People, Process and Technology. The Performance Engineer Architect is accountable for creating technical solutions promoting advancement of practice IP, new service offering and sales opportunities. The Performance Engineer Architect will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining internal (TEK) and client stakeholder communications, relationship management and expectations management for solution implementation and improvement. The Performance Engineer Architect should drive to build strong "referenceable" clients.
The PEA will actively contribute and undertake engineering initiatives for Practice IP development. The PEA should bring technical expertise, thought leadership, current industry know-how and applied solutions to improve existing practice capabilities, delivery challenges and development to drive technological maturity of the practice. The PEA will champion or support expansion of existing and new capabilities and innovations.
* Implementation and execution of engineering based QA&T solutions.
* Provide Technical Leadership and Strategic Direction to delivery, client solutions and new logo acquisition strategies
* Responsible for design, development and delivery of performance solutions, accelerators and test utilities
* Analyze competitive products and technologies and make recommendations to guide solution, delivery and sales strategy
* Drive collaboration and engagement from Delivery and Sales Partners on a client engagement with an operating rhythm toward successful delivery to achieve high customer satisfaction
* Develop and nurture a Trusted Advisor relationship with recurring touchpoints with all key client stakeholders facilitating open and collaborative consulting support toward business and reputational growth.
* Provide thought leadership and critical problem solving as well as tactical and strategic planning to the project/engagement leadership
* Drive quantifiable (metrics) continuous improvement of the client's objectives and challenged areas.
* Provide regular executive status and risk management for all key deliverables.
* Conduct presentations and discussions with client stakeholders for key initiatives and progress reporting (metrics and KPI dashboard).
* Alignment with Delivery partners, compliance to client's requirements (industry and IT process) and TEK service methodology (QA and UPMM).
* Provide hiring support, onboarding, mentoring/coaching and performance management for appropriate team resources
* Provide QA Practice status reporting covering various items including Delivery and Practice activities
* Contribute and drive TEK QA IP development, innovation, and enhancement initiatives - (Ideation/Concept, Design, Test and Rollout)
* Contribute to sales collateral such as case study support, account profiling, client presentations design etc.
Key Skills and Experience
* Proven skills developing target solutions for performance testing
* Experience with 2 or more performance testing tools such as Performance Center, Jmeter, SOASTA, etc.
* Advanced Object Oriented Language development experience
* Comprehensive understanding of technology stack including infrastructure, networks, service layers, application layer, databases, COM, etc.
* Contemporary understanding tools across Quality Assurance functions and development lifecycle
* Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
* Ability to train and mentor resources in best practices and skills development
* Leads solution design and implementation efforts
* Understanding Continuous Integration/Continuous Testing/Continuous Deployment (CI/CT/CD) , Devops, etc.
* Experienced in data acquisition, data analysis and correlation skills
* Strong Analysis, Problem Solving, Time Management Skills
* Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle as well as various SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc…)
* Strong communication skills both written and oral
Quality Assurance Experience-Focus on Performance and Automation:
* Testing Lifecycle (Planning, Strategy, Estimation, Design, Execution, Metrics, etc.)
* Functional / Non-Functional Testing
* Reporting and Metrics - KPIs, Client Dashboards etc.
Consulting and Process Improvement experience
* Measurable innovation and process improvement experience (Quality, Cost and Risk)
* Proven track record of advisory consulting services in a technical capacity
* Methodologies ( one or more)
* Implementation Model( one or more)
o Testing Service Implementation/TaaS
o CMMI, ITIL, TMMi
o TCOE implementation
o Service Transformation
Tool and Technologies
Experience with one of the tools:
* Visual Studio, HP LoadRunner/performance Center, jmeter etc.
* HP ALM, IBM Rational Test Manager
* JIRA, Rally etc.
* Mobile Testing Tools, Device Anywhere, Mobile Labs, JAMO, PEArfecto Mobile, SOSTA, etc.
* Test Data Management, Infomatica TDM/ILM, CA Grid Tools, IBM Optim, etc.
* Calibration, competency assessment and improvement
* Performance Management
* Conflict Resolution
* Strong customer facing, customer engagement and expectation management skills
* Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
* Driving accountability and collaboration with delivery partners (Sales, Delivery, Practices, Operations, etc.)
* Ability to communicate and/or present ideas and solutions with absolute clarity, visualization and substance
* Escalation management
* Problem Solver
* Change Agent
* Experience managing parallel projects
* Track milestones, schedule, budget - planned and actual
* Reporting and Metrics - burn down, velocity, quality, productivity, efficiency etc.
Qualification & Education
Bachelor's degree /4-year college degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
Exposure to a minimum of 8+ years Quality Assurance or related field experience, including 2+ years in a leadership role.
** Professional Services experience required
** This is a remote position (you can sit anywhere within the US) with travel up to 50%
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.